Project 365: Day 196 — Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them
Here are 5 things I liked about the movie:
- All the references to the Harry Potter books — Murtlap essence, Bowtruckles anyone?
- Great setup: It’s nearly impossible to replicate the success (at least critical success) of a franchise that has been so popular. Think of a prequel to Game of Thrones. Thankfully, this film has set us up for a delightful ride for the next 4 films
- Mr. Kowalski, the jolly good baker, wanting to set up his own bakery. He was a great sidekick to Eddie Redmayne’s Newt Scamander.
- Redmayne is surprisingly good; he was hammy in the Stephen Hawking biopic two years ago. He’s making me look forward to the next few films.
- The next few films. The film hints at a future showdown between Albus Dumbledore and Gellert Grindelwald and the big fight between them.
Look forward to it.