Integrate your GitLab with TimeCamp for Time Tracking
GitLab is an open source online and self-hosted service. It provides all the necessary means to manage Git projects. GitLab includes Git repository management, issue tracking, code review, an IDE, activity streams, wikis, and more. The GitLab Enterprise Edition offers LDAP group sync, git hooks, automated testing, and audit trail, equipping administrators with user management capabilities without imposing on developers’ workflows.
It is very popular among huge companies and organizations that want a powerful Git hosting service they can put under their control or as an alternative to other services offering Git management. It has a built-in CI and CD to test, build and deploy code. The progress of tests can be easily monitored, and users can build pipelines — the code is going to be tested across multiple environments.
The software was written by Dmitriy Zaporozhets from Ukraine. The code is written in Ruby; it is used by more than 100.000 organizations including NASA, Alibaba, Invincea or CERN. On May 2016, the company had 100 salaried employees and more than 1300 open source contributors.
[SEOINS][SEOINS_CONTENT]Manage your Git projects more efficiently with accurate time tracking offered by integration with TimeCamp. Sign up with us and try all the great features that we offer.[/SEOINS_CONTENT][SEOINS_ICON] icon-check [/SEOINS_ICON][/SEOINS]
TimeCamp allows you to integrate with Gitlab — Git repository hosting service allowing collaborative revision control. Import branches or issues created for your repositories in Gitlab and track time on them in TimeCamp thanks to our integration.
GitLab offers three basic plans — all of them include Git repository management, code reviews, issue tracking, built-in GitLab CI for continuous integration and delivery, plus a 45-day money back guarantee.
- GitLab.com — hosted on GitLab’s servers, with unlimited repositories, free of charge
- Community Edition — single tenant on user’s server, unlimited number of users, free of charge
- Enterprise Edition — single tenant on user’s server, free trial available for 30 days, $39 a year per user.
What is more, Enterprise Edition offers some additional tools and services, like:
- GitLab Geo — Mirrored GitLab instance, built for remote working teams.
- Premium Support — 24/7 emergency support, two training workshops, dedicated service engineer. Requires a minimum of 100 users.
- Pivotal Tile — Simple installation, easily scale up, highly available by default.
- File Locking — For locking files and folders, users can view and manage locks.
All of these cost $99 per year per user.
GitLab and TimeCamp integration
Integrating your GitLab with TimeCamp will equip it with some additional features that should be very useful in your everyday work. The integration is simple and takes only a few minutes. Just follow these five quick steps:
1. Go to Settings and when in there, click on the Addons bookmark.
2. Find GitLab and click Enable.
3. Click on the green button ENABLE THE INTEGRATION.
4. Authorize the TimeCamp, access to your account by clicking on the green Authorize button.
5. TimeCamp will automatically import your repositories, along with branches and issues created for them. On the Project Management page, you will notice your upgraded projects and tasks. You can now manage your time thanks to a GitLab time tracker that TimeCamp provides!
As integration creator, you automatically gain access to all imported items. Other users are assigned automatically based on theirnames, which need to match in both TimeCamp and Gitlab. You can always assign tasks manually as well.
If you are not a fan of written tutorials, here is the video prepared especially to walk you through the integration process.
Once you enhance GitLab by integrating it with TimeCamp, you will surely notice the progress in your and your team performance. We are doing everything in our power to provide our clients with the best tools to boost their productivity and efficiency.