Upper West Side sister restaurants Modern Bread & Bagel and Arba will both be offering something special to celebrate the Jewish new year. Both menus are completely kosher, making them an ideal choice for the whole family to come in and brunch or dine. Take a look at the details below:
- Offerings: Family-style brunch on September 30 and October 1 from 11:00am — 3:00pm
- Modern Bread & Bagel is also offering preordered home-made Rosh Hashanah treats available for pickup through September 29.
- Stand-out dishes: Jerusalem Bagel with Three Dips (hummus, charred eggplant salad, farm cheese), Lemon Ricotta Pancakes (mixed berry compote, cardamom infused maple syrup), and Red Shakshuka (crispy leek fritters, Israelí salad).
- Details: At Modern Bread and Bagel, brunch is not just for the weekend. Cold Smoked, House Cured, and Citrus Poached Salmon as well as a variety of unique cream cheeses complement our kettle boiled Ancient Grain Bagels. Our all day menu features creative egg dishes inspired by our favorite cafes in Sydney and Tel Aviv with dishes ranging from Red or Green Shakshuka to Corn & Goat Cheese Fritters with Eggs and Chili Jam.
- Modern Bread and Bagel is located at 472 Columbus, New York, NY 10024. Brunch reservations are required. A full Rosh Hashanah menu can be found here: https://www.modernbreadandbagel.com/rosh-hashana
- Offerings: Family-style dinner on September 30 from 5:30pm — 10:00pm
- Stand-out dishes: Fresh North Atlantic Salmon Carpaccio with Pomegranate & Chile, Homemade Smoked Salmon with Fresh Horseradish, and Carrot & Goat Cheese Ravioli with Baby Carrot Sauce.
- Details: Arba is a modern Israeli restaurant that is dedicated to artisan and natural food, with a focus on fish, cheese, vegetables, and fresh baked bread that everyone can enjoy. We offer a unique seven course tasting menu which reflects Mediterranean flavors and culture. Our Chef is constantly creating new dishes to keep things interesting and changes the menu weekly to ensure we are always using the freshest ingredients.
- Arba is located at 472 Columbus, New York, NY 10024. Dinner reservations are required. A full Rosh Hashanah menu can be found here: https://www.arbarestaurant.com/rosh-hashana