It’s amazing how time flies when you are having fun eh? The past 6 weeks have been amazing. Shortly after I posted about the need to make my own luck, I got a job, the type of Job I wanted.
It happened pretty fast too, I had one interview and got an offer less than 48hrs later. To say I was excited is an understatement.
I have since worked for 6 weeks and its been a great ride. I love my new job, I have always wanted to experience working for a fairly large organisation and this is it.
There are a few pros I’ve observed so far:
- Your work has far reaching impact
- You see proper agile processes in action ( I have seen improper)
- Work life balance is great, you work exactly (okay maybe not exactly) 37 hrs and you have flexibility
- Your career path is clear and your growth can be planned
- If you are lucky, Your team will be amazing. I am lucky
I miss the fast paced work that’s characteristic of startups or smaller organisations but I’ve loved the chance to properly think through the right processes.
I am in a good place.
Outside of work, life is great! It’s my birthday tomorrow and I am excited. I don’t think I was very excited last year but this year, I can’t find the slight sadness that comes from feeling so old. I only feel happiness.
I am grateful to God for work, for life and for my amazing husband who has mastered the art of pleasantly surprising me.