A bunch of web sites/services that previously worked fine in Chrome on my Chromebook suddenly stopped working a few updates ago (6 months?). I tried turning off a couple of Chrome extensions/add-ons like uBlock Origin and Disable HTML5 Autoplay off to see if they were somehow interacting with Chrome after the update. However, that was not the cause. Being too lazy at the time to do much more detective work, I turned on Chrome OS’ Linux option and installed Microsoft’s Chromium based Edge beta container. That let me use the various services quickly without more detective work.

I decided to…

toddogasawara

Editor MobileViews. ExtremeTech 2015–2016. BYTE 2011–2013. Windows Phone MVP 2000-2011. ThinkMobile/SocialTimes Mobile blogger 2008-2011

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store