The EDNA DAC and EDNA Lab are nearly ready to launch. Earn discounts for sequencing your DNA.
The ultimate aim of EDNA is to end human suffering caused by genetic disease, enhance longevity and to insure the genetic information is controlled by the people who that information impacts. See the links below for more information about the EDNA project.
Team Rewards for Boid Season 2
Discounted Sequencing of Your DNA:
Currently the cost of fully sequencing your DNA is approximately 1000USD, which is 200,000 to 400,000 EDNA (based on the recent range of token prices). This discount is a way to subsidize some or all of the sequencing cost through the EDNA DAC and Lab. A minimum of 750,000 EDNA in discounts will be distributed as pre-approved EDNA Leases at the end of season 2 to all qualified team members. See https://edna.life/ to learn more about controlling your own genetic information.
The Fine Print for Season 2:
- Minimum reward pool for the season: 750,000 EDNA in leases. If the EDNA DAC approves more lease funds, or if additional underwriters participate, we will update this reward post.
- Distribution: The reward pool will be distributed evenly to all team members who qualify in each reward period. The amount of lease funds awarded to each member will depend on the number of qualifying members in each reward period, how many reward periods a member is part of, and the total size of the reward pool at the end of the season.
- Reward Periods: There will be four reward periods — approximately each two week period of the season. Members can qualify for a portion of the reward pool in each reward period.
- To qualify: Our intent is to reward loyal team members, those who steadily contribute computing power to the team, regardless of the amount of computing power they generate. To that end, this reward is an “average power” type reward, which only includes people who are members through the entire duration of the Reward Period. Further, this reward excludes members with Boid Power Tier 0, as this usually indicates someone who does not steadily contribute to a team.
- Exceptions: If a Tier 0 member can show evidence they did steadily contribute computing power each week, they can request an exception to the EDNA team leader in the EDNA Boid Team telegram channel. Decisions of the EDNA team leader are final.
- EDNA Lease Terms: 15% return on the lease, 50/50 split on research payouts until the lease is repaid, 3 research opt-outs allowed. (More details on the EDNA Lease market will be available once the DAC is launched.)
- Other Requirements: To redeem this reward, a recipient must a) register on the EDNA DAC website (once launched), b) provide either an EOS, TELOS, or Worbli account to control the DNA data, c) provide a shipping address to receive your DNA collection kit and an email address. (Note: the shipping address is purged from all records the moment the kit is shipped, and is never stored on-chain. The email address is purged from all records once the DNA sample is known as viable.)
Brief Report from Season 1:
- 18 team members earned 20000 tokens each to discount their sequencing costs.
- 13 additional members earned 5000 to 15000 tokens worth of discounts.
EDNA is a Blockchain-based Distributed Autonomous Community Working to Insure Genetic Privacy and DNA Property Rights.
The ultimate aim of EDNA is to end human suffering caused by genetic disease, enhance longevity and to insure the genetic information is controlled by the people who that information impacts.