agnes Brand Positioning
Establishing Vision & Mission, Culture, Value Proposition & Tagline
As a designer at agnes, I worked closely with the our marketing team to establish our brand. This included the brainstorming and iterating of how we should copy write and talk about agnes in the most fitting manner possible. The following is a summary of the process that went into our final decisions.
agnes Vision & Mission Iteration
For us, vision means:
what the world will look like when we’ve succeeded. This is the DREAMING piece. If everything goes right, this is how our organization will have changed the world.
Research & Examples
Alzheimer’s Association: Our Vision is a world without Alzheimer’s disease.
Amazon: Our vision is to be earth’s most customer-centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Avon: To be the company that best understands and satisfies the product, service and self-fulfillment needs of women — globally.
Google: To organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
Pinterest: To help people discover things they love and inspire them to go do those things in real life.
WeWork: To create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living.
mission, on the other hand, asks:
Why does our organization exist?
This is the DOING piece. This states who you serve, what you serve them, and how you do it every single day.
Research & Examples
ADVANCE AUTO PARTS: It is the Mission of Advance Auto Parts to provide personal vehicle owners and enthusiasts with the vehicle-related products and knowledge that fulfill their wants and needs at the right price. Our friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff will help inspire, educate and problem-solve for our customers.
PATAGONIA: Build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis.
Vision & Mission Key Concepts for agnes
- Find your passion and let it grow with Agnes
- Social tool
- Foster a culture of inclusion, discovery and innovation
- Curious and connected campus
- Spend less time figuring out how to get involved, and more time making a difference
- Opportunity is accessible
- Personal mastery
- No longer afraid to fail
- Care to contribute to the community’s success
For every person to discover and pursue meaningful experiences that strengthen our communities.
Foster fulfilling experiences by providing unparalleled access to personalized engagement opportunities.
agnes Culture & Values Iteration
We believe that people need to be their best selves.
We will support and encourage all people to be comfortable with — actually proud of who they are as a person and use that to uplift others (Community of empowerment; Authenticity)
Research on &pizza
“e.g. Culture: Push innovation on all frontiers, stand out in everything that we do, go to the moon and back for our users — especially our fundraisers, think big and take calculated risks, treat employees like family”
First Drafts for agnes’ brand
- Transparency: We support an open book policy
- Community-orientation: We believe in inclusive communities that support its members #collaboration
- Optimism: Motivation and positivity is key to intentional change
- Always learning: We believe knowledge is dynamic and that nothing is set in stone
Finalizing Guiding Principles
- Transparency: We expect real information and are capable of acting accordingly.
- Community orientation: Inclusion and steadfast support of all members makes a community much greater than the sum of its parts.
- Optimism: The best environments encourage us all to believe in one thing: our better selves.
- Continuous learning: Never, ever stop learning. Ever.
agnes Value Proposition Iteration
Brainstorming & Research
Agnes is the smartest way to an adventurous, engaging, and rewarding college experience.
Within a second, our penguin can filter through an entire campus worth of data and locate events or clubs that matches the exact interests of any student. Club and event organizers are able to find talented and hungry individuals who, in turn, will also get an opportunity to find something worth doing. With the help of Agnes, students can better navigate through their campuses to hang out and work with other likeminded individuals.
Key Audience We Want to Speak to
Become engaged — within a second, our penguin can filter through the largest aggregation of events and groups on campus and find opportunities that truly match your interests or find and share events with your friends.
Organize your team — Agnes makes it easier than ever to manage a recruiting process, send updates to your team, and communicate with members.
- Create, host, and promote your event or group
- Engage with your members and followers
With the help of Agnes, a student can better navigate through their campus to hang out and work with other likeminded individuals.
Key Concepts & Features to Implement
- Events — Groups
- Fulfilling — Rewarding — Great experience
- Engaging — Involved — Passion — Connect
- Discover — Adventurous — Navigate
- Easy — Streamlined
Agnes is the smartest way to discover campus and stay connected.
Instantly receive personalized recommendations from the largest collection of events and groups on campus and find more opportunities that meet your interests.
Our penguin makes it easier than ever to manage a recruiting process, communicate with your team, and promote events.
agnes Tagline Iteration
Research & Examples
- Just do it (nike)
- The happiest place on earth (disney)
- Melts in your mouth, not in your hand (M&Ms)
- Think different (apple)
- Ultimate driving machine (BMW)
- Shave time, shave money (Dollar Shave Club)
- Because you’re worth it (L’Oreal)
- Imagination at work (GE)
- Got milk? (ad campaign)
- A diamond is forever (De Beers Group)
- Breakfast of champions (Wheaties)
Market against some of the barriers that exist between our potential customers and the use of our product.
e.g. people being lazy. They are fearful of reaching out and engaging with other people (who are also fear the same)
- Discover what you can do
- Find your passion
- What do you have to lose
- Find your inner penguin
- Find your huddle
- Huddle together
- Be the first to know
- Stop searching. Start Finding.
- Efficiency. Effectiveness. Power
- Choose opportunity
- Find what you love
- Be bold. Get out there
- Discover and connect
- Do something worth talking about
- Deep dive
- Believe you can fly
- Stay warm, huddle
- All in one place
- Be busy, doing something you love
- Waddle you do today?
Tony is currently a rising Junior majoring in Fine Arts and minoring in Business at Cornell University, Ithaca NY. He recently interned in Washington D.C. over the summer as a Product Design and Marketing Intern for Agnes.io
He can be reached at: