Corporate Partnerships Through Creative Marketing
While working on agnes’ marketing team this past summer, I had the opportunity to strategize, mock up, and refine partnership pitches to several companies that agnes could potentially engage in promotions and sponsorship talks with.
The goal was to build out a plan that would not only create excitement and buzz for agnes’ upcoming launch in the Fall 2017 semester and draw users to our app, but also benefit our potential partners as well.
To Locate Potential Partners,
I first needed to get a better idea of what brands my college peers are interested in. From a quick surveying of current, college students in the U.S., I found that the following were 1) amongst the most popular & associated with 2) brands that these students would like to receive promotions or discounts off of purchases for:
- Amazon prime
- Student Universe
- Hydro Flask
- Whole foods
- 5 guys
- Shake Shack
- Red Bull
After Selecting Potential Partners,
we mocked up copy and visuals for a short, pitch guide template that could be reused for similar, future partnerships.
When we began brainstorming local ways to get involved, &pizza seemed like a great fit immediately.
Our pitch was well-recieved from &pizza
and we ended up getting a meeting with them.
The singular goal of the partnership is to get as many new customers (esp. college students) as possible
- Make sure students know &pizza is a viable food option during their first week of the semester
- With that in mind I wanted to hear more about these partnerships from your point of view and figure out how we can optimize the number of customers coming through
Through the &pizza restaurant closest to their campus during a set date and time
- How it would work: we’d put an “&pizza” featured event on everyone’s matched list advertising some kind of deal. (screenshot)
- All they’d have to do is see it, tell their friends about it, and then show the app on their phone in the restaurant sometime during the 3 hours specified
- All they’d have to do is offer the deal and check that students have downloaded the app. If you’d like, I would be happy to be the one checking to make sure they have the app
- If this goes as well as I think it could, we have 4 campuses in DC, one in Philly, and one in NYC that we can do this with!
How are we going to spread the word?
We have emails, We can post in Class of 20XX FB groups, co-branded quarter cards, press release about the partnership, student associates on campuses
Questions for &pizza:
- What other partnerships do you have and what’s been most beneficial?
- What are you looking for in your partners?
- Can you tell me more about your needs and wants for something like this?
- Timeline and process
- Who do we work with to get this done?
- What are they going to need?
Tony is currently a rising Junior majoring in Fine Arts and minoring in Business at Cornell University, Ithaca NY. He recently interned in Washington D.C. over the summer as a Product Design and Marketing Intern for Agnes.io
He can be reached at: