Working as a talent developer gave me a lot of insight, and behind the scenes experience which I would love to share, as those insights also might be valuable for you.
- It would show you magic doesn’t exist. It is just normal kids not giving up, and a lot of trial and error.
- All the simple tricks and strategies you could also apply to your career.
- Talk to you about mistakes and failures, so you can avoid those pitfalls.
This is certainly something I have been trying to do with my blog. There are some issues though why I haven’t been doing the way I wish I could.
- The best stories you can’t share online. Not only are some of the best deals under NDA’s (non-disclosure agreements) but as they are ongoing partnerships you would never be able to tell the full story.
- Sometimes it just needs to look like magic. For me to tell the full story would damage the projects I’m working on, and I don’t want to be the party pooper.
Solution : There is one career, one business I’m building and wouldn’t mind sharing all it’s secrets. My own.
After my last adventure in NYC, I realised that I spend my days building other peoples brand and businesses and totally lost sight of doing this for myself.
So that’s what I’m doing right now, applying everything I learned to my own career.
Like in sports it would be even cooler when you are able to call it before you score.
In retrospect it is always easy to rationalise things, but so much more convincing if you know the strategy before it get’s executed.
This is what I want this BTS series to be all about. Show you the inner workings of my business. Not just the successes but also all the failed attempts. So hopefully you can take something from it to implement in your own career.
For me it is very important that becomes a conversation and it is not just me talking.
So feel free to use to comments or subscribe to my mailinglist so you won’t miss any adventures. You can also just send me an email to toon[at]tooncarpentier.com, anything goes, pictures of cute kittens are also more than welcome!
Thanks so much for reading! If you enjoyed it, would mean the world to me if you shared it with someone. :)