Cooking With Cannabis: Infused Nacho Cheese Sauce
It seems the world has been on a health kick of late(which we fully support), but in honor of the delicious baseball stadium classics and the patios of spring, we thought it was time to put together an ooey-gooey, cheesy cannabis-infused nacho sauce!
A rich, fatty cheese is a perfect carrier for cannabis, allowing for optimal absorption and a delicious snack at the same time. If you’re new to cooking with cannabis (welcome), you’re going to need to read about decarboxylation and how to make cannabis butter before you can make this cheese sauce.
What you need:
4 tbsp of cannabis-infused butter
4 tbsp flour
⅓ cup Minced Onion
⅓ cup Minced Jalapeno
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
2 Cups whole milk
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Mince onion, jalapeno, and garlic. Because we’re making a sauce, we recommend mincing quite small, so your sauce can be smooth when finished.
- Melt the infused butter in a saucepan over low heat. If you burn the butter, or the butter boils, you run the risk of burning off the cannabinoids, so make sure your heat stays low. Add onions, garlic, and jalapeno; simmer while constantly stirring until onion turns translucent, about 2–3 minutes.
- Slowly whisk flour into the saucepan until the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Pour in milk; cook and stir until mixture thickens slightly around 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
That’s all folks! Delicious, cannabis-infused cheese sauce. All that’s left to do is layer up your nachos, and drizzle away. If you’re not a spicy person, you can omit the jalapenos, leave it as is or add other veggies, like thinly sliced red pepper. We love this recipe because you can put cheese sauce on nearly everything, so this is another great versatile recipe to add to your repertoire.
If you plan on sharing with your friends, please remember to let them know there’s cannabis-infused into the cheese sauce, it’s hard to resist and we wouldn’t want anyone to unknowingly get stoned. Snap a picture and tag us on our social channels so we can see your cheesy wonders and as always enjoy responsibly.