I’m the CEO of Torre. At Torre, our goal is to use technology to make work fulfilling for everyone. With Bunny Inc., we are building the largest provider of outsourced creative services that the world has ever seen. With Voice123, we’ve built the largest global marketplace for voice acting. It features over 200,000 voice actors and 100,000 buyers. With Torre Researrch, we are experimenting with new ways of making work fulfilling at a massive scale.
I also lead project Democrracy. At Democrracy, we asked ourselves: “If democracy were to be invented today, how would it be?” and started to work on it. We are building an online platform for groups of all types and varying sizes to manage their own, independent and trustworthy democracies.
I started my first business at age 14 in Bogotá, Colombia, with the objective of buying my first computer. After migrating to the US and finding the love of my life, Tania Zapata, we co-founded Voice123, and it grew to become the largest marketplace for voice over talent. We also founded Zapata Torrenegra Labs, an incubator that was named one of the top immigrant-owned startups in the US by Forbes Magazine. With Zapata Torrenegra Labs, we have co-founded and invested in several successful tech companies including WeHostels and VivaReal. In 2012, I co-founded Torre. In 2016, I co-founded Democrracy. I also co-founded BogoDev, BogoTech, and HubBOG, the three largest communities of software developers, web entrepreneurs, and technologists in Colombia. In 2012 I was honored by MIT’s Technology Review with the TR35 Top Colombian Innovator of the Year award, in 2013 with the High-Impact Entrepreneur title by Endeavor, and in 2015 as Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum.
I post in:
- Democrracy (2016, non-for-profit)
- Torre (2012, bootstrapped, successful)
- WeHostels (2011, venture-backed, sold)
- Localo (2010, bootstrapped, failed)
- HubBog (2010, bootstrapped, sold)
- LetMeGo (2009, venture-backed, failed)
- ServerQuo (2009, bootstrapped, successful)
- Casting123 (2005, bootstrapped, failed)
- Language123 (2004, bootstrapped, failed)
- Voice123 (2003, bootstrapped, acquired by Torre)
- Rentalo (2002, bootstrapped, sold)
- Zapata Torrenegra Labs (2001, bootstrapped, successful)
- Cyberprise (1993, bootstrapped, closed)
I believe that:
- Environmentalism should precede humanism
- Humanism should precede patriotism
- Religion and state should be separate
- The church of the flying spaghetti monster rocks
- This page is egocentric
- Eating mammals is bad (for me)
- You are a nice person
I may be available to speak at your event in-person or online. You can inquire about inviting me to speak by contacting email@example.com.
“Alexander’s involvement and effectiveness were vital to advance and achieve higher confidence in the prospect of passing comprehensive immigration reform.” Carl Guardino, President of the Silicon Valley Leadership Group
“La charla de Torrenegra en Chile marcó una huella que se seguirá sintiendo por muuuuucho tiempo.” Ivan Vera, Director de RASU