Why you should wear Compression socks during travelling
What is Compression Socks:
Compression Socks gently squeeze your legs to move blood up your legs. This helps prevent leg swelling and, to a lesser extent, blood clots. If you have varicose veins, spider veins, or have just had surgery, your doctor may prescribe compression socks
With all new styles, fabrics, and colors available, it became easier to wear support every day without looking obvious when wearing these special garments. For example, compression socks for women are typically design to look like regular men’s dress socks and come in popular colors like black, navy or khaki.
Whether men’s dress socks or women’s dress socks , young or old, compression socks can help increasing blood circulation throughout your body, which helps boost your energy levels and reduce swelling, tiredness, or soreness in your legs and lower body.
Benefits to wear compression socks:
- Marathon runners have been sporting compression socks for several years. Knee- High socks, however don’t occur naturally on trails, and have need known to scare away small animals and potential mates.
- Maybe that’s why trail runners have been a little to adopt the look. Now compression technology is hitting the roads and the dirt as compression calf sleeves were all the rage at this years.
- Team Salomon not only raced in the stylish clack and silver patterned sleeves, but relaxed and recovered in them too, A few other runners sported the colorful sleeves.
- The makers of the expensive products tout the performance benefits of compression technology, but in terms of science, compression calf sleeves are kind of like ice baths. The people who use them swear by them. The people who study their effectiveness? Not so much.
- Even though some reports show the benefits may be more than in my head than my legs, I have been wearing compression calf sleeves for the past month. My legs feel fresher during and after my long runs, and whatever the reason, I will take it.
Best way and Place to Use Compression Socks
Hope I didn’t lose you already!!!
When planning a trip there are so many things to think about. If you are like me you probably make lists and spreadsheets making sure not to forget anything.
One of the things I most stress over is my feet. We love to walk and explore when we travel. It’s one of the rare times when I don’t even have to bother to look at my FitBit.
So not having comfortable shoes and comfortable feet is really big deal and can ruin an entire trip.
I also have socks and have complete drawer full of everything from cotton, wool to my favorite alpaca socks.
- I discovered what soon became “do not leave home without them” travel item years ago on my first non-stop trip from Chicago to Beijing. 13 hours in a plane? I read all types of articles which sounded really scary and was convinced I needed to be proactive since I was planning lots of long-haul travel in a relatively short period of time — Over 100,000 miles to be exact.
- When a blood clot forms in one of your deep veins, or your legs when travelling and can cause leg pain, swelling or worse.