Utopia Wellness — A Whole Person Approach to Treating Cancer
Choosing a cancer treatment that is right for you can be overwhelming. It is an important, personal choice that should be researched thoroughly. Conventional and alternative methods are vastly different and both have their benefits.
According to Dr. Carlos Garcia, Medical Director of Utopia Wellness and renowned author of Cancer Is A Symptom, an alternative approach to cancer involves innovative therapies and procedures focused on restoring the health of your “whole body” so it can do what it has been so perfectly designed to do; heal.
The traditional treatment approach is designed to target and destroy cancer cells using surgery and/or toxic drugs, however, you also compromise your immune system as a side effect. Hopefully the treatments are successful at destroying every single cancer cell. If cancer cells remain, your weakened immune system will likely be unable to fend it off and recurrence is very likely.
Dr. Garcia maintains that a comprehensive alternative cancer program is based on the following well-established facts about cancer:
- Cancer occurs when the immune system becomes compromised;
- Cancer thrives in a low oxygen environment;
- Cancer thrives in an acidic, low pH environment;
- Cancer proliferates by consuming sugar;
- Cancer involves an emotional component.
He notes, “The program at Utopia Wellness is designed to eliminate the underlying causes of your cancer, provide you with the tools necessary to enhance your immune system, as well as providing non-toxic therapies that target your cancer.” Utopia’s innovative therapies and procedures consist of the following 6 prong approach.
1. Fortify — A specialized combination of nutrients and natural substances boost and strengthen the immune system. Intravenous infusions of these nutrients and substances allows for complete absorption in higher doses not tolerated orally.
2. Oxygenize — Nobel Prize winner, Dr. Otto Warburg, wrote about oxygen’s relationship to the pH of cancer cell’s internal environment. Since fermentation was a major metabolic pathway of cancer cells, Warburg reported that cancer cells maintain a lower pH due to lactic acid production and elevated carbon dioxide. His research demonstrated a direct relationship between pH and oxygen and an oxygen rich body is better able to eliminate cancer cells.
3. Alkalinize — In order for cancer cells to survive and reproduce they have to maintain a high acidic pH — they do this by producing lactic acid as a byproduct of their anaerobic respiration. Utopia offers therapies that increase pH levels and destroy the enzyme systems of cancer cells rendering them incapable of reproducing and surviving.
4. Detoxify — We are living in an extremely toxic environment which contributes to cancer. The removal of toxins from the body is a very important part of an alternative treatment plan. Detoxification therapies can include colon cleansing, FAR infrared sauna, ionic foot baths, herbal supplementation, and lymphatic drainage massage.
5. Modify — What you don’t eat is just as important as what you do eat. A good cancer diet will not only “starve” the cancer cells, it can also nourish the healthy, non-cancerous cells. A bad cancer diet, on the other hand, can actually “feed” the cancer cells. This is why diet is so important. At Utopia, a Certified Holistic Nutritionist works with you to create a comprehensive plan that accomplishes these goals.
6. Clarify –One of the most important elements in an alternative approach, and most often ignored by conventional medicine, is the emotional component. Mind-body medicine is based on a relatively new, rapidly developing area of care. Mind-body medicine explores the influence of your mind, emotions, and traumas on your body and immune system, and vice versa. Some studies have suggested that addressing your psychological and spiritual health can help in the recovery process from cancer.
As stated by Dr. Garcia, “A whole person approach allows the innate healing powers of the body to restore harmony and empowers you to take greater personal responsibility for your health. The goal is to help you deal with the physical and emotional issues that may be interfering with the recovery process.”
If you would like to learn more about Dr. Garcia’s approach to cancer or schedule your free initial consultation, call (727) 799–9060 or visit his website http://www.utopiawellness.com/services/alternative-cancer/
or call them at (727) 799–9060.