Writing Investigative Reports — A Crucial Piece of a Professional Investigation
Overview: Learn how to write a factual, solid, representative report of an internal investigation that will withstand scrutiny and provide appropriate information to decision makers.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Format of a report.
- What should be included in a report and as importantly — what should not.
- Style for report writing.
- Writing of allegation(s).
- What to do with evidence.
- What goes in a witness summary in the report and what does not.
- Writing of your final determinations.
- What to do with partially substantiated allegation(s).
- Why the report summary is written last.
- Tips for proofing and analyze your own final report.
- Report writing mistakes.
- Characteristics of a good report.
Who Will Benefit:
- Plant Managers and Upper Management
- HR Generalists and Associates
- Safety Managers and Associates
- Small Business Owners
- Regulatory Compliance Managers and Associates
- Anyone who writes workplace investigative reports
Teri Morning , MBA, MS, SPHR, SPHR-CA is the President of her own HR Consulting firm. She has over 15 years human resource and training experience in a variety of professional fields, including retail, distribution, architectural, engineering, consulting, manufacturing (union), public sector and both profit and non-profit company structures. She has consulted with employers on their problems and trained managers and employees for over 10 years, enjoying traveling the country extensively, meeting and working with employees from all types of businesses. In addition to a MBA, Teri has a Master’s degree in Human Resource Development with a specialization in Conflict Management. She was certified by the State of Indiana in mediation skills, is qualified as a Myers-Briggs practitioner and holds the dual SHRM certification of a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and Senior Professional in Human Resources — California (SPHR-CA).
NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
Twitter Follow us: https://twitter.com/TrainHR1
Linkedin Follow us : https://www.linkedin.com/company/trainhr
Facebook Like Us: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trainhr/1540069582910166