Best SOAP-UI Training Center In Chennai Adyar With Placement
- SOAP-UI is the leading open source cross-platform API Testing tool
- SOAP-UI Training In Chennai Adyar allows testers to execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests on different Web API.
- SOAP-UI supports all the standard protocols and technologies to test all kinds of API’s.
- SOAP UI interface is simple that enables both technical and non-technical users to use seamlessly.
SOAP-UI is not just a functional API testing tool but also lets us perform non-functional testing such as performance and security test.
Let us discuss the 5 important features of SOAP-UI
1) Functional Testing
- A powerful tool allows testers to write Functional API Tests in SoapUI
- Supports Drag-Drop feature which accelerates the script development
- Supports debugging of tests and allows testers to develop data driven tests.
- Supports Multiple Environments — Easy to switch between QA, Dev and Prod Environments
- Allows advanced scripting (tester can develop their custom code depending on the Scenario)
2) Security Testing
- Has the capability to perform a complete set of vulnerability scan.
- Prevents SQL Injection to secure the databases
- Scans for Stack overflows that are caused by documents huge in size
- Scans for Cross Site Scripting, which usually occurs when service parameters are exposed in messages.
- Performs Fuzzing scan and Boundary scan to avoid erratic behavior of the services.
3) Load Testing
- Distribute the Load Tests across any number of loadUI Agents.
- Simulate high volume and real-world load testing with ease.
- Allows Advanced custom reporting to capture performance parameters.
- Allows End-to-End System Performance Monitoring
4) Supported Protocols/Technologies:
SoapUI has the most comprehensive Protocol Support
5) SOAP-INTEGRATION with Other Automation Tools:
SoapUI integrated very well with popular tools
- Apache Maven is a software project management tool that can manage a project’s build, reporting and documentation from a central repository. Maven can also execute SOAP-UI tests within Maven Build using simple commands.
- HUDSON, a JAVA based Continous integration tool and integrates with tools such as CVS, Subversion, Git, Perforce, Clearcase, and RTC. SOAPUI also integrates with HUDSON, which helps us to spot bugs quickly for each and every commit by the developers.
- JUnit is a unit testing framework built in Java, which can control the flow of tests from SOAP-UI as well.
- Apache — Ant
- Apache Ant, a Java library which is a command-line tool that helps in building software. Using SOAP-UI’s Command line, we can execute tests within an ANT Automated Build.
Let’s compare SoapUI with Selenium
SOAP UI is NOT used for User Interface Testing. It is only used for WebAPI or WebService Testing
Selenium is used for User Interface Testing.
Capability to test the data sent and received between the web browser and a web server. Can test the protocols/technologies such as REST, SOAP.
Selenium cannot test protocols, but they can test the UI behavior.
Able to perform functional, load and security testing of the above-mentioned technologies.
Selenium can perform only functional testing. Performance testing to some extent because we can track execution time with regards to the performance but cannot test multi user and multi tenancy. Selenium certainly cannot be used for security testing.
It is PROTOCOL Dependent and NOT browser dependent.
Selenium depends on the browser capabilities.