Ayyampara Hills, Erattupetta, Kerala.
Sunsets and the scenic view from top of the Ayyampara Hills are spellbinding.
Erattupetta is a Municipality town in Kottayam district in the state of Kerala, India. … It is 38 km east of Kottayam, the district Centre. Erattupetta was known as Erappili and Erappuzha before.
If visitors choose to be here during the evening and night then they will be treated to a rare view of the beam from the lighthouse of far off Alappuzha harbor.
On the way to or from Ayyampara Hill, you can also visit the holy place of Bharananganam where the tomb of Saint Alphonsa is located.
Now that you want to be there, here are few tips:
- There are a few KSRTC buses passing through Ayyampara, starting from Erattupetta depot.
- If you’re driving, keep yourselves ready to face one of the above-mentioned buses coming downhill. The road isn’t wide enough for a normal/smooth pass-by.
- When traveling from Kottayam, it’s suggested to use Pala as a halt/stop over if needed. Top up fuel if needed.
For food — Pala Food Court at Santhome Shopping Complex, opposite Kottaramattam private bus terminal and Indian Coffee House near the Thodupuzha-Erattupetta diversion point (near KSRTC bus depot) are recommended.
- If you stay late into the evening, you could see mild-but-vast glow up to the skies from the towns watchable from there — Erattupetta, Pala, Ettumanoor.
- The place is kept 100% litter-free and keep it up.