Best places to visit in Chettinad
Next time when you plan a #trip to #Chettinad, make sure you visit these attractions!
1. Athangudi Palace: Athangudi Palace, is a classic example of the traditional Chettinad architecture. Italian marble, Burma teak, stained glass and a fusion of colour and ornate wrought iron, handmade tiles and woodwork, light up this house. Read more about Atthangudi palace.
2. Pillayarpatti Temple: Karpaga Vinayagar Koil is one of the oldest cave temples or rock cut temples in Tamilnadu. The temple is steeped in the Agamic tradition and is a great illustration of the rich temple culture of the Tamilians which has endured through the ages. Read more about Pillayarpatti Temple
3. Koviloor Temple: The Koviloor temple of Sri Kotravaleeswarar is quite ancient, about 1,000 years old, and was built by a Pandya king, Veerasekara Pandiyan. The temple is a dramatic illustration of Dravidian architecture. Read more about Koviloor Temple
4. Avudaiyar Koil: Avudaiyar Koil is a temple where Aruvam (no figure or formless) is worshipped. There is no lingam in the sanctum sanctorum. Read more about Avudaiyar koil
5. Vettangudi Bird Sanctuary: Vettangudi Bird Sanctuary’s prime attraction is the thousands of migratory birds that make their way here in winter. It is Sivagangai District’s only bird sanctuary. Read more about Vettangudi birds sanctuary
#GoRoadTrip.com Go RoadTrip