Game Plan: Digital Identity for 2019
Focus on Pan-Canadian Trust Framework to become a set of internationally-recognized set of rules for digital identity
- Focus on simplicity, clarity and logical soundness
- Shift attention to the international community for broader adoption and ratification (EU, Digital 9, International Standards Organization)
Become the primary focal point for digital identity governance.
- Create a new ‘digital identity institution’ (it’s more than just technology, it’s about a new way of organizing our institutions)
- Naturally underpinned by Pan-Canadian Trust Framework — if the rules are right, this ‘institution’ will naturally transcend locally-enacted laws.
- Endorsed by public sector governance (Joint Councils, Privy Council Office, Deputy Ministers, etc.)
- Adopted by various authorities (in our case, issuing Letters of Acceptance by Office of Chief Information Officer)
o Supported by DIACC and private sector as appropriate.