11 compelling reasons to travel Thailand
- Amazing islands that are like paradise (Ko Phi Phi below). Other popular islands include Ko Samui, Ko Pangan, Ko Lantan or Ko Samet (ideal for a weekend getaway from Bangkok)
2. Lovely people: Thailand is the land of smiles and known for its welcoming culture
3. Some of the world’s greatest dive spots for scuba divers. Ko Tao is the ideal place to get the beginner’s license.
4. Superb street food: Check out Sukhumvit Soi 38 for award winning street food
5. Cheap accommodation: Kao San Road is usually the starting point for all backpackers looking for cheap accommodation
6. Bangkok: Crazy city with millions of people known for its incredible food, temples, rooftop bars, nightlife and great shopping opportunities
7. Cultural highlights such as the famous temple Wat Pho in Bangkok
9. Ayutthaya — the remains of the former Siamese capital
9. Songkran: The water festival is celebrated from April 13 — April 15. If you are not in to it, do not go outside or you will get wet!
10. Loi Krathong literally means “float a basket” and is the annual light festival in Thailand accompanied by fireworks
11. Full moon parties the biggest of which is celebrated monthly in Ko Phangan with roughly 30 000 attendants