IgniteNI Applications are Open! 🚀🚀🚀
TL;DR — Applications for the first Ignite accelerator in N.Ireland are now open. If you’re a startup looking to raise £250k+ in the next 12 months then this is for you! 12 week programme, up to £20,000 convertible loan, US trip and meetings with 50+ UK & Ireland investors.
Interested? Apply here: https://www.f6s.com/igniteniaccelerator
Ignite has invested in more than 120 companies since 2011, helping them to raise more than £30M in investment, and we’ve run accelerator programmes in London, Manchester and Newcastle— but this year we’re incredibly excited to be working with Invest NI to run our very first accelerator in N.Ireland starting on March 26th.
Who is the IgniteNI accelerator for?
The programme is a full-time 12 week accelerator that is designed for technology startups that want to raise between £250k and £1M in the next 12 months.
We’re looking to work with established companies, with a team in place, who are ready to take the next step in their growth. You might have bootstrapped to date or took a small angel or proof of concept round and now you’re looking to raise a seed round that will allow you to start scaling.
The programme will help you to get investment ready — putting in place a scalable growth plan, identifying your investment needs, and then introducing you to more than 50 of the UK & Ireland’s top venture capitalists and angels that are actively investing in early stage deals.
We‘re looking for applications from companies based in N.Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Great Britain and from across Europe (or beyond). The only condition is that you must be a UK registered company (or able to become one) and legally able to work in Belfast for the duration of the programme.
What do Startups receive?
- 9 Months Desk Space: All companies joining the IgniteNI accelerator will get desk space in the Ormeau Baths coworking space for 9 months from the start of the programme. Being surrounded by a community of like minded entrepreneurs is incredibly important for a growing company, and you’ll be in good company sitting beside start-ups like Flyte, Trov and Modius.
- £15,000 Convertible Loan: There’s a convertible loan of £15,000 available for all companies taking part in the programme provided by Invest NI. The terms of the loan are incredibly founder friendly, and you only have to start repayments once your company reaches £1M in annual revenues. For companies who have already raised, or who are revenue generating then it’s up to you whether you take the investment or not.
- £5,000 Relocation Loan: For companies moving to Northern Ireland there is an additional £5,000 loan available to help with the costs of moving and accommodation. This is subject to the same founder-friendly terms as the core investment.
- US Trip: As part of the programme we’ll be taking two founders from each company out to the US to meet investors, mentors and founders in San Francisco and New York. We’ll cover the costs of flights and accommodation — you just need to cover the cost of your coffee and pizza.
- 12 Week Programme: The Ignite accelerator programme has been refined over more than a dozen cohorts to provide the right support for each company that joins us. You’ll work with seasoned entrepreneurs to refine your concept, develop new growth strategies and create a successful investment proposal. As well as the US trip we’ll also spend time in London and Dublin meeting with our network of experienced entrepreneurs, operators and investors who will share their knowledge and network with you.
- Investor Pitches: At the end of the programme we’ll organise a series of lunches that will bring the CEO of each company together with the most active early stage angels and VCs from across the UK and Europe. The lunches give the founders and investors an opportunity to learn more about each other and see if there’s an opportunity to work together. Investors at recent lunches include Passion Capital, Balderton, Techstars, 500 Startups, DN Capital, Forward Partners, ADV, Northstar, Backed.vc, Episode 1 and ProFounders along with early-stage UK angels.
How do I apply?
We are looking for 10 of the most exciting tech startups from across Europe to join us on the programme which means that you need to make sure your application stands out.
We’ll judge the applications on three main criteria:
We want to invest in teams who have the right combination of domain expertise, technical ability and business experience to make their company a success. Tell us about why you’re passionate about the idea, what relevant experience you have, and why you’re going to be more successful than the competition.
Are you tackling a ‘blue ocean’ problem — creating an entirely new market, or are you going head to head with an existing solution? Either way we want to know why you think this is an exciting opportunity and what’s going to happen over the next 5 years to make this a truly global business. The more work that you’ve done to validate the market opportunity then the better you’ll score.
What is your idea, and why is it going to change the world? Tell us about your traction to date, and what it is that you’re able to do better than anyone else. You don’t need to know exactly how you’ll make your first million, but we want to see that people are willing to pay for your solution.
Ready to Apply?
If you’re building an exciting startup, and you want to make 2018 the year you take it to the next level then you can apply for the IgniteNI accelerator here: