In this article, I would like to share the simple way to create an EOS account on TestNet (Jungle and Kylin) using the following steps
For help getting started with EOS, view online documentation, which offers tutorials, samples, and a full API reference.
Basically, there are the following steps:
- Step 1: install nodeos
- Step 2: install CDT
- Step 3: create development wallet
nodeos (node + eos = nodeos) — the core EOSIO node daemon that can be configured with plugins to run a node. Example uses are block production, dedicated API endpoints, and local development
cleos (cli + eos = cleos) — command line interface to interact with the blockchain and to manage wallets.
keosd (key + eos = keosd) — component that securely stores EOSIO keys in wallets.
eosio-cpp — Part of eosio.cdt, it compiles C++ code to WASM and can generate ABIs.
Create an EOS account:
1. Install Scatter:
If Ethereum has Metamask, on EOS we have Scatter. Scatter is a wallet application with fully open source.
After installing Scatter, open it and
Add Keys to obtain a new key pair (public/private key)
2. Jungle TestNet:
- Go to website https://monitor.jungletestnet.io/#home
- Create an account with the public key (before step)
- Check account info on https://jungle.bloks.io/
3. Kylin TestNet:
- Go to http://faucet.cryptokylin.io/create_account?valid_account_name to create an account. Remember that name should be 12 letters(a-zA-Z1–5).
- Go to http://faucet.cryptokylin.io/get_token?valid_account_name to receive 100 EOS for testing.
- Check your valid account on https://kylin.eosx.io/
EOS blockchain is different from Ethereum, you must cost money to create EOS account on MainNet. By using the third party like https://www.zeos.co/en/home or https://eos-account-creator.com/, you will pay ETH, BTC or BCH in order to create EOS account.