Even the Professional Truck Drivers Need To Acknowledge the Defensive Driving Tips
Frankly, truck driving is one of the riskiest careers that one makes. Statistically, many truck drivers die annually in accidents. A truck driver has a great responsibility to deliver the cargo on time while making it sure, that he will finish each workday in one piece. For such truck drivers, defensive driving is must, as they might be safe enough to take any unnecessary risks but what about other drivers on the road.
There are certain aspects of defensive driving that must be seriously considered –
· Perform vehicle inspections: The truckers are expected to get their vehicle inspected while on their way to their destination at the nearby weigh stations. Even the well-seasoned drivers must not forget to do their inspection. Sometimes, it is very difficult to track the nearest weigh stations while on the trip. The truckers can make use of Truckbubba app to search for the nearby weigh stations that are on their way.
· Use proper signals: When the truck drivers change lanes on the road, they must give warning to the other drivers by using the signal in advance.
· Keep distance: While driving on road, the truckers need to maintain an adequate distance between themselves and the vehicle in front of them. It is much required for their safety or for the safety of others on the road.
· Expect the unexpected: Before starting the trip, the truckers must carry an emergency kit with proper medical supplies with themselves. They must get the pressure of their tires checked. They should also check for the oil, gas and water levels in their vehicle just to ensure that the truck is in safe driving condition. Even if the truckers are on their way, they can search for the cheapest fuel prices at the nearest fuel stations through Truckbubba app.
· Maintain cool on road: Road rage is one of the major causes of accidents on road. Truckers can be calm while on road, but they can also be indulged in the road rage when it is about the bad driving of others. In case the behavior of other drivers is not good, the truckers must create a space between themselves and the driver.
· Avoid alcohol and drugs: Use of alcohol and drugs might impair the ability to drive the truck safely and it may lead to accidents. Drugs especially over the counter drugs can have side effects like drowsiness or reduced alertness.
· Be visible to others: Especially at night, the accidents usually occur because the other drivers cannot see the vehicle. The truckers must use the headlights appropriately especially on rainy days.
Thus, when the truckers are behind the wheel, safe drive must be their top priority. To ensure safety, they must know the basics and practice them every time they are on road.