FIREPLACE CLEANING SERVICE
Cleaning your fireplace is not complex — just involved. All you need is cleaning supplies, clothing you don’t mind discarding, equipment that cost as much as $200, and protection for your house. Sounds simple, doesn’t it?
In this blog,read how to do it — and then why hiring a fireplace cleaning service might be wise.
Locate these things before you begin to clean your fireplace:
· Disposable clothes.
· Lots of old newspaper. Line the floor and the short sides of the fireplace to catch the debris. You’ll need a trash can.
· Buckets — metal (for chemicals) and plastic (for debris).
· A cheap painter’s drop cloth to protect the floor outside the fireplace.
· Rags and paper towels — have them on hand.
· Have a powerful flashlightto illuminate the area you are cleaning. You’ll be working “upside down” for part of this.
· Gloves — rubber, but leather or leather-lined gloves are recommended.
· Goggles, hair and face covering — keep soot or creosote out of your eyes, hair, and face.
· A wire hand brush — for reachable surfaces.
· A chimney brush. There are options of material, size, and shape. The most common is aspring wire bristle cleaning brush — about $30.Scrubbing soot and creosote takes the metal brush, more suitable where there is no liner. A poly brush is needed for a liner. Poly is more suitable for chimneys that change direction.
· Brushes are square, oval, rectangular, or circular, each with a purpose. Brush selection depends on the shape of the flue. They are available in five inch to one-foot sizes, and should be slightly wider than the diameter of the flue.
· Chimney brush handling — rope and/or piping sufficient to reach the entire length of your chimney. A rod kit to extend the brush is listed for about $65. Rope, of course, depends on the length you need. Complete cleaning kits range from $70 to $150, depending on the size and shape of your chimney.
· Finally, a chemical called trisodium phosphate (TSP). The brand name is Savogran and it’s available in one ($4) and 4.5 ($10) pound sizes. It’s toxic enough that you must pick it up at the home supply shops. A liquid substitute is available at Walmart for $11.
The bulk of the involvement lies in the preparation. The rest of it is labor intensive. All interior surfaces must be brushed.
For More Information About Fireplace service Visit Us.
Source: Click Here