This product started when being an avid Instagram user I started feeling that though the stories either have videos or still content there is not much to see in between these two and whenever. When I started looking for how can I make these in between dynamic stories I found out that only way for creating these stories was to used software like after effects which seems like an overkill for a short story to me and that’s when I presented this problem to our now team who were just a group of entrepreneurs and an Indian Tech influencer who was a friend of mine.
My role was of a co-founder and Chief of Design where I did research, design, strategy, and branding but that was only how I contributed in terms of a designer ss a co-founder I also created a design team handled their daily tasks not only that I did pitches time to time for both b2c and b2b products of mine.
b2c : https://mouve.app/
Mouve is a mobile first social media marketing and video creation suite with on device and cloud-based video rendering technologies. In simpler terms it gives you the control of your branding from anywhere. Create inspiring videos, create stunning animated stories. Pick the perfect style that matches your brand from among hundreds of templates made by our expert designers.
B2C(Mouve App) :
How might we simplify the process for making dynamic video stories in an efficient and simple way for influencers
At the outset of the project we didn’t have specific goals for the stories creation experience. Without pre-existing insights, I started to explore how influencers were making their stories.
Early Insights from the Influencers
We wanted to learn about how influencers create stories for their followers: how they discover new content, what methods they use to convert the content to amazing stories, and how they know what to create next. I conducted phone and in-person interviews, and also created a survey that was completed by 25 participants.
The survey was great for quickly gathering information from a sample of my target audience, while the interviews allowed me to gain a deeper understanding of the participant's behaviors. The main takeaways from the two methods were:
We conducted competitive analysis with the other competitors. The process aim to understanding who the competitors are, their strategy, the strengths and weaknesses of their products in comparison to ours so as to improve our design solution with the goal of making a better experience.
Product Iteration 1:
Mid Fidelity Prototype @Playstore
Before going deeper in a particular design direction, I wanted to see how our users responded to our chosen direction. Our goal was not to see if our users could complete a set of tasks as quickly as possible, but rather to gauge general interest and intrigue in the templates and features, and to figure out which parts they found the most value in.
After validating our direction, there were still a lot of details I had to finalize before our team of engineers started building out our new version of the app with more complex features. In our concept testing, we saw that many participants did not notice that there were editing options available. I also needed to design a system for the cards(templates) shown in the home screen in a way that both the content is easily scannable and bring more value for the influencers to their niche.
High Fidelity Prototype
Product Iteration 2
For this iteration it was first designed in sketch multiple times discussed within the team and then was used in a group of who were social media enthusiasts with us participating with them. There were few tweaks we had to made after the exercise but now it was ready to go on production and then we launched our second iteration.
Feedback from Playstore/Appstore : Soon we came to know that people were not really able to get the template they wanted for their insta vibe or brand.
Analysis : We had not enough amount of templates and the templates we had were just basic. So we moved to our third iteration adding categories and more templates for every kind of brand and vibe we could find.
Product Iteration 3
Now we had mad categories, 100+ templates and a black theme also on user’s demand.
Feedback time : Now even though people had all the kind of templates they wanted and all the categories required we found out with the help of contextual enquires that there was search issue with now having so many templates .We were also doing lots of A/B testing with our new coming editing features so soon taking account of all these things we are preparing to launch our 4th iteration which is in production right now.
A/B Testing CTA and Subscription interface
The New Discoveries
Product Iteration 4