Who I am, and what is this.
“Hello Friend”… no that lame. Maybe I should give you a name.
But that’s a slippery slope..
Lets get the boring things out of the way, Who am I? — My Name is Tyler Beverley. Currently, I am a student at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul Minnesota. I am in my first year, and as of right now I am an undeclared Computer Science Major.
I am very interested in the computer science fields of Cypto Currency, blockchain technologies, and other FinTech related things. I hope to one day be an entrepreneur that brings about the next big phase in technology, but that is mostly a dream for now. I also have a strong passion for politics. Although I don’t look to actually put politics into practice, I enjoy sharing my thoughts my thoughts on the matter, as well as trying to understand other’s point of view. Also I welcome you to argue against me, or even point out flaws in my logic.
Right so, what am I even doing writing to you? I’m a computer science major, not a English major. This blog for the most part is going to be for my own personal use, almost as if it was a journal.
I want to use this platform to
- share my personal philosophies and values
- document my journey through College, and what insights I have gained
- to share information about some Computer Science projects that I am working on
- or to just talk about things I just find interesting.
- and maybe some gaming things ever so often (Big Fan of Sid Meyer's Civilization serries)
I will be talking to you but I have to remember that you are in my head. I am really just rehashing what I have learned in school, as well as my own thoughts. By pretending that I am talking to you, I will be forced to organize my own thoughts in to a logical matter, and I think that will help me better understand my own thoughts, and what it is I’m doing.
If you haven’t stopped reading yet, here are some interesting topics I think I will cover over the near future are going to be
- A Python project for beginners that will tell you what you taxes are going to be like under our presidential candidates.
- Another beginner's project for people that have food allergies, that will take what your cafeteria is serving, and filter out what you can’t eat for you.
- Why I think “Trickle Down Economics” doesn’t work.
- Why I switched to Linux.
- My Life Goals.
P.s. the “Hello Friend” is a tribute to the Mr. Robot series on USA. It is one of the best TV shows I have ever watched, and would highly recommend you go check it out, especially if you are a tech geek like me.