DO IT YOURSELF — BLOUSE MEASUREMENT
An easy way to measure yourself at home for your blouses
Before you begin
- Remember that all measurements are in INCHES
-When taking measurements the tape should be held flat against the body; it should be held snug enough so not to droop, but never so tight as to feel restrictive. It is best to be measured wearing the same undergarments, slip, strapless bra, body shaper you’ll be wearing the day of the wedding or event.
- If you don’t have them yet, wear the closest approximation.
Please measure to the closest half inch.
-We strongly recommend having your measurements taken by a professional seamstress.
-If you cannot get professional measurement, we strongly advise that you have someone else take the measurements for you.
- Neck to Shoulder- Place the tape measure at the base of your neck and measure to your shoulder joint.
- Blouse length — Start at the center of the shoulder and draw the measuring tape straight down to the point where you want your blouse to end. Make sure that the tape passes over the center of the bust when taking this measurement.
- Sleeve length — If you are getting a sleeveless blouse you can skip this step. Place the measuring tape at the edge of the shoulder. Measure down the arm from there until you have the desired sleeve length.
- Around bust — Place the measuring tape around the fullest part of the bust. Make sure the measuring tape is straight all the way around the chest and back.
- Around bottom of blouse — Take this measurement just above the waist below the bust. This is where the blouse will end. Be sure to measure all the way around.
- Shoulder to Bust — Start at the top of the shoulder at the neck point to the bust. Make sure the measuring tape is straight all the way around the chest and back
- Front Neck Depth — Start at the top of the shoulder at the neck point and draw the measuring tape diagonally to the center of your chest to the point where you want your blouse neck opening to end.
- Armhole Circumference — Keep arms relaxed by your side. Place the measuring tape at the top of the shoulder in line with your armpit. Wrap the tape inder the arm and over the end of your shoulder to the straight point. The tape measure should feel snug but not tight.
- Around Arm — The measurement helps determine how wide to cut the width of the sleeves.Keep arms relaxed by your side.Wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of your bicep.
- Shoulder — Place the measuring tape across the back and measure in a straight line from the end of the left shoulder to the end of the right shoulder
- Back Neck Depth — Start at the top of the shoulder at the neck point and draw the measuring tape diagonally, make a half V , to the center of your back and choose how much depth you would like Measure around the widest part of your thigh
FOR VISUAL ASSISTANCE PLEASE WATCH