Ubitquity Investors Webinar #2 (during Blockchain Week NY) and Profile Q&A on SeedInvest
The Ubitquity webinar on SeedInvest happened on Thursday, May 16th at 12:00pm ET.
The express presentation deck is available to download here.
From the SeedInvest Profile:
How does your business model differ from Propy?
We have a tremendous amount of respect for Propy and their leadership team, and all the work they are doing. However, there are big differences between our two firms.
- Propy is a closing room for real estate sales while Ubitquity focuses on infrastructure. The ‘plumbing’ that makes the process more efficient.
- Propy did an ICO. The quality of the product is thus reliant on the strength of its network and cryptocurrency.
- This makes the uptime/reliability susceptible to the whims of the market.
- As legislation surrounding ICOs is uncertain, companies using this model need to be prepared to firefight potential regulatory challenges.
Contracts on the Blockchain aren’t legally binding. If that’s the case, where does the business’ value lie?
- Confirm the authenticity of data, thus can confirm property ownership.
- Reduces the need to re-verify data, thus re-notarize data. This is very helpful when building out a database of abstract research or creating a starter exchange.
- The hash/timestamp of the data on the Blockchain will ensure that people do not double convey property.
- Creation of an immutable chain of title on the blockchain. This would expedite the title insurance system as the hash of the data could act as a proof of stamp. This is a big asset for smaller title companies wanting to create a library of data (a.k.a. a “starter exchange”). This would make it easy for larger peer companies to verify and authenticate the data.
- Smart contracts would expedite the escrow process.
Why are you using SeedInvest instead of doing an ICO or going on the VC route?
- We decided years ago in 2015 (two to three years before major regulatory action) that we would never do an ICO — there are too many legal issues and it would make us a ‘victim’ of the boom and bust cycle. Therefore we never will.
- SeedInvest has a solid track record over the years of successfully helping organizations raise funds in a manner that adheres completely to securities regulations and rules. As a pragmatic company, we decided SeedInvest was the best choice. We understand fundraising is a full time job so we could focus on building our business and let SeedInvest handle the rest.
Where do you see the company in 2–3 years?
- Acquisition by a “big four” title insurance company.
- Initial Public Offering (IPO) in the United States.
Learn more about the Ubitquity investment offering: here.
Ubitquity is offering securities under Regulation CF and Rule 506(c) of Regulation D through SI Securities, LLC (“SI Securities”). The Company has filed a Form C with the Securities and Exchange Commission in connection with its offering, a copy of which may be obtained at: https://www.seedinvest.com/ubitquity/seed.
UBITQUITY® Express Presentation © Ubitquity LLC, 2019 | All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate and/or distribute in any form without written permission from Ubitquity LLC.