Meet Our VIP Summer School cohort Startups
For startups, the early stages of a venture are the most uncertain. Various questions arise. Who and where are its customers? How can the idea be scaled? Where can it access finance? Is the business model sound? It’s at this stage that the founders will need help, mentoring and guidance.
The Venture Incubation Programme (VIP) at the MTN Solution Space was designed to provide the critical support founders need at the early stage. The 12-week, mentor-led program combines mentorship, workshops and a community of startups to create a holistic approach to testing and validating a business model. The program runs twice a year, commencing in March and August. The 2017 Summer School (VIPSS17) cohort kicked off earlier this month, and we’re delighted to introduce the companies participating.
• Asaduru, which enables African property developers to create self-sufficient housing communities using rammed earth construction.
• Chat2Brand, which is an online web platform that allows businesses to communicate with customers through WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Viber, Telegram and SMS from a single screen.
• Feastfox, provides diners with the most convenient restaurant booking experience and aims to change the way people explore, book and enjoy dining experiences.
• Pelichat, which is an anonymous social media platform that enables users to connect to those nearby.
• Picme, which is a mobile app marketplace for crowdsourcing event photos, enabling participants to access images from spectators, making the images more affordable in a greater selection.
• Plant the Seed, which is a social enterprise that provides an educational interface between the traditional school system and learning in the real world.
• Portmoni, which enables small and medium businesses in developing countries to get paid more easily with mobile money, manage their customer subscriptions and integrate with their CRM and accounting software.
• Sporting Code, connects communities through sport.
• Technoclean, which helps businesses maintain cleaner workspaces — increasing the lifespan of company equipment and decreasing employee absenteeism through a hygienic workspace.
• Tapsnapp, which is a one-stop online marketplace, connecting photographers with clients quickly and effectively, matching them to the type of work, schedule and location they prefer.
• Unsung Art, which is an e-commerce platform for local artists selling original and affordable artworks.
We will be hosting a Demo Day with our VIPSS17 companies at the Solution Space, UCT Graduate School of Business on the evening of 31 May 2017. RSVP to email@example.com We hope you can join us!