We’re looking for a UK Head of Marketing to join our team in London and help us to build the Ugly brand in the UK!
Role: Head of Marketing — Ugly Drinks UK
Reports to: UK General Manager & Co-Founder
Direct Reports: Brand Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, Field Marketing Manager
Location: Camden, London
About Ugly Drinks:
Ugly Drinks is a passionate, rebellious and fun-loving sparkling water brand determined to change the way we drink. We’re now in over 2,500 stores across the UK and have just launched the business in the USA. We are unashamedly ambitious and want to build a global mega-brand.
People are drinking less soda than ever before. In its place, sparkling water provides all of the ice-cold-can refreshment of a carbonated soft drink, but with none of the sugars, sweeteners of artificial ingredients. In the USA, sales of sparkling water have grown by over 50% over the last 5 years and we are leading the charge in the UK.
It’s time for Ugly and it’s time for #theuglytruth. NO Fake News. NO Alternative Facts.
This is an amazing opportunity to drive the top-line growth of one of the hottest brands in one of the hottest categories in UK food and drink.
What are the Ugly products?
Ugly Drinks is a range of 100% natural fruit flavoured sparkling waters with NO Sugar, NO Sweetener, NO Calories and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING Artificial. Just the way we like it.
Currently in four flavours (watch this space for more); Lemon & Lime, Triple Berry, Tropical, and Orange, it’s the perfect alternative to traditionally sweetened soft drinks and when it’s ice cold…hits the spot.
What is the role?
We require a creative and strategic Head of Marketing who is excited by the task of working with one of the UK’s most exciting and disruptive brands. We are looking for someone who has experience building, managing and executing a total marketing strategy and budget.
We need someone with a proven track record who will work closely with the Head of Sales and Founders to make Ugly a truly iconic brand in the UK. Ugly is setup for rapid growth and we are looking for someone who can inspire and build a winning team around them.
Deliver, support and inspire the total annual business plan.
· Development and implementation of the marketing objectives, strategy and plan across all elements of the marketing mix.
· Emphasis on driving awareness and trial around the Ugly brand and products.
· Ownership of the total marketing budget.
Management and development of Marketing Team and external agencies.
· Manage and inspire the current team.
· Hire and develop key roles to bolster the current team to drive the brands rapid growth.
· Work closely with our branding agency to ensure the brand is always developing and remaining and remaining relevant and fresh.
· Appoint and manage PR/Creative/Event/Media agencies to ensure maximum cut through and awareness of the Ugly Brand.
Create perfect brand experiences for consumers to encourage people to LOVE the Ugly brand and join our movement.
· Drive experiential Ugly moments at scale to introduce consumers to the Ugly brand in a fun, engaging and Ugly way.
· Ensure all marketing comms are clear and effective in bringing the Ugly brand to life and getting consumers excited about the brand.
· Lead on innovation of the Ugly brand experiences to effectively grow the Ugly community.
Trade and digital support to ensure Ugly is always shining at point of purchase.
· Close alignment with Head of Sales on key customer plans and execution of these at a trade level.
· Clearly understand and drive the Ugly digital channels to ensure online customer growth and retention.
· Making sure Ugly is the most VISIBLE brand both in store and online!
Drive strategic direction of the Ugly brand.
· Work closely with the founders and the board to ensure that we’re always ahead of the game and constantly innovating and improving.
· Build solid relationships with other internal departments to ensure plans are delivered on time and in full.
· Lead the NPD process from a marketing perspective working with cross functional team to deliver NPD/EPD projects to market
The role is perfect for someone who…
- · Has 6–8+ years experience in FMCG marketing with proven track record.
- · Has a genuine passion for marketing and brand.
- · Has exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills, with the ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders at various levels.
- · Loves a challenge and approaches problems with a can-do and positive attitude.
- · Is not afraid to get stuck into all areas of a business in fast growth.
- · Is able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- · Has strong decision-making and negotiating skills.
- · Has experience both building and executing marketing strategy.
- · Is experienced at managing and mentoring a team.
- · Is comfortable building and managing budgets.
- · Is an innovator and has experience in a creative environment.
- · Has a genuine passion for food and drink.
- · Has experience in digital marketing.
- · Is a team player with a great sense of fun!
· Competitive salary + bonus.
· Share Options.
· As much Ugly as you can drink!
· A dynamic, ambitious and fun working environment.
This sounds like exactly the sort of challenge I have been waiting for! So what now?
Well if all the above sums you up then we would love to hear from you immediately!
Please send us a CV and Cover Letter with the subject line:
‘*Your Name*_Ugly Head of Marketing’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
— — —
To find out more about Ugly Drinks, visit: www.uglydrinks.co.uk