The future of Integration Technologies — iPaaS (Integration Platform as a Service)
- By 2017, in large organizations, at least 65% of new integration flows will be developed outside the control of IT departments
- By 2018, iPass market will further fragment, with no vendor exceeding 15% of the global iPass customer base
- iPaaS — cloud service — platform to support application, data, process integration project — involving combination of cloud service, API, on premise solution.
- Cloud Service Integration — integrating combination of on-premise application, data and SaaS application.
- B2B Integration
- Integration with — API publishing and management
- Mobile App Integration (MAI)
- IOT Integration
Types of Integration
- Enterprise Integration — most of the products focus on these areas
- Citizen Integration involve — IFTTT, cloudwork, elastic.io, Keevy, OneSaaS, Zapier
iPaaS market to grow —
- Because of CAI, IOT, MAI requirements
- Adoption of SMB’s that have been shying away from middleware due to high costs
- Fierce competition from different vendors — and struggle for awareness
- rapid appearance and disappearance, merger acquisition will continue until the market stabilizes.
- tension to build up in the enterprise between the group supporting on-premise application vs the new LOB inclining towards iPaaS acquisition.