How to Revoke Access to prevent Commun.it from spamming people on Twitter
This is an UNOFFICIAL INSTRUCTION GUIDE on how to revoke access to the social media tool Commun.it.
I am *not* a representative of twitter, just a fellow user who has seen many complaints against @commun_it for years.
Following this guide will assist you in preventing your twitter account from unknowingly spamming followers and filling up your twitter profile with unwanted nonsense.
This will block Commun.it’s app from all access to your account. To use their service (re-enabling spam), you will need to authorize it again by signing back in to Commun.it
Guide written August 21st, 2016
using Google Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m
NOTE: If you need direct help from twitter, please find the “help” link on their website to access their support page.
Step 1, Going to Twitter:
- Go to https://www.twitter.com in a new window or browser.
Step 2, Navigate to the Account Settings page:
- On the right hand ( → ) side, click on your Twitter Profile Icon (1) to open the menu.
- Then click on the “Settings” (2) menu option .
- Alternatively: you may also go directly to https://twitter.com/settings/account/
Step 3, Navigate to the Application Settings Page:
- On the left hand ( ← ) side, click on the choice labeled “Apps”.
- Alternatively: you may also go directly to https://twitter.com/settings/applications/
Step 4, Revoking Access:
- Scroll through the list of apps and find the one for Commun.it
- Click on the button next to it labeled “Revoke Access” to prevent the app from using your account to spam.
Bonus Step, Reporting the App to Twitter:
- Consider also clicking “Report application” to alert twitter that the app was abusing your account.
- Upon reporting you will be presented with this notice:
- You should also receive a confirmation email from twitter similar to this one:
Remember: you should never need to give your twitter password to anyone. Be sure to always check that you are on a trusted domain before logging in:
REMEMBER: If you need direct help from twitter, find the “help” link on their website.
If you are still having trouble with revoking access, I suggest searching thru twitter’s help page.
— Ape Inago
Fellow Citizen of Twitter
You are welcome to Direct Messsage (DM)me on Twitter. While I may not be able to help, I will do my best to point you in the right direction. (don’t forget to mention that you’re having trouble with Commun.it)