Sunday, May 13th 2017. New York.
I turned 27 yesterday.
This morning, after 5 years, I “broke up” with Karen, until June 25th. I know, is a weird thing. But I think is going to be good for us. She is 54. And is not really breaking up. It’s taking a break.
Its raining outside. Chet Baker is playing. Because I’ve watched too many movies.
I don’t smoke but always have a pack of cigarettes with me. The one I’m opening right now has been in my purse since December 31st. I was stuck in Paris with the snow and thought it would be a good idea to bring French cigarettes to New York. As I light up the first cigarette, I think of my mom and how much I hated her smoking.
If we are taking a break from each other, I should use that time to work on myself. So I’ve made a list of things I want to accomplish during this time:
- Eat healthy and go to the gym at least 3 days a week.
- Clean my apartment (I need a vacuum, incense or candles)
- Take care of myself again, and that means hygiene, beauty and clothing. I work in the fashion industry after all.
- Work harder. I know what that means.
- Get my tattoo list in order. And maybe another ear pierce?
- Spend at least one weekend away from NYC. In the woods, beach or hotel room.
- Dine alone at least once