by Curtis Sergeant
- Community. Go in pairs or very small groups.
- Plan. Set a time and area.
- Listen to God. While we listen to his voice so we can pray his desires there are three ways he might give insight.
- Observation: seeing garbage on the street might trigger a prayer against garbage in lives
- Research: you might find specific pockets of crime, injustice or occult practices which give you are clear direction for prayer
- Revelation: the Holy Spirit might nudge you to a topic or scripture, you might even get a vision or an image.
- Debrief. regather, report and celebrate who God is.
- Decide on a Leader
- Specific scriptures to pray
- Submission to the Lord
5 Pressure Points
- Government centers
- Commercial centers
- Educational centers
- Communication centers
- Spiritual centers (both Christian and nonChristian)
Prayer for Others
One method for praying for people you meet is to use the BLESS acrostic
- Jesus- proclaim him afresh to be the one Mediator and ransom for all.
- Leaders- pray for positions of authority, teachers, police, administrators and parents
- Peace- cry out for godliness, holiness and kingdom peace
- Truth- declare openly the bedrock reality that there is one God. Pray minds to be opened to him.
- Gospel- ask heaven that this would be the proper time for the testimony of Jesus to be given
- Blessing of God- thanksgiving for all people, ask to see the city with his eyes
- Church- ask that our worship would be adorned with confirming power of saints doing good