Best River Cruises In Europe
From Dutch fields to Germany’s Street Christmas, European River Cruises have offers a world of sights and experiences. River cruising is one of the fastest growing sectors of the cruise industry. The all-inclusive boutique river cruising means luxury, more choices, themed vacations, and family oriented sailings. The biggest challenge about planning a European river cruise is identifying one that is right for you and here are the few tips to do that:
- River cruises are very busy: The river cruises are busy and to book a cruise, you must hurry. Even if you are going to book a big long cruise, you will not get much time to chill out on board. Unlike ocean cruises, you will not get many sea days.
- More is better: When we talk about the river cruise, there are few European river cruise lines like Uniworld which offer “a la carte” services which include food, beverages, drinks, gym, spa, library, etc. Also, the packages include an introductory walk and motor tours of towns and cities such as tours of ancient castles, vineyard visits and food tastings.
- River cruises are different from ocean cruises: The river cruises are 7 days to 17 days long and they almost always start in fantastic cities such as Paris, Amsterdam and Budapest, and most itineraries include an overnight on board. The prices of cruise package and on board services are different and luxurious.
- Watch out for: If you are opting for a river cruise, you should see that, you are not deceived by a postcard view or online image. Book the rooms, beforehand and either go for last minute booking or pre pre-booking. The prices will be less as compared to other days. If you have someone know, working on that cruise ship, even better.
- Seasonality: One of the most important points of choosing a cruising in Europe’s rivers is a season. If you want to enjoy and make you Christmas and New Year special the season typically runs from October to January. Beware of heavy rain and floods. It can make the rivers swell and make it impossible to pass the locks. If vessels can’t move, you’ll be taken to the sights with the help of motor coach if the logistics allow.
First of all narrow down your choices and then choose a river cruise package. You do not want to spend large bucks and get a disappointment on a plate in return. Invest better, receive better.