Summer: The Green Bay Way
Compiled by: Rory Mileham, Social Media Assistant/Intern
Summer in Wisconsin is a special time, and we personally can’t think of a better place to spend it than Green Bay! From history buffs, to foodies, to sports fans, to tourists, to music fans, Green Bay summers have you covered…
1. Explore downtown Green Bay and the City Deck.
2. “All Aboard!” Next stop: the National Railroad Museum!
3. Grab your Peanuts and Cracker Jacks, and catch a Green Bay Bullfrogs game.
4. Immerse yourself in the culture of the Onedia nation at the Pow-Wow occurring in July.
5. Get in touch with your wild side at the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary; the animals are otterly adorable!
6. GO PACK GO! Make your way to the Don Hutson Center to catch the Pack in action at training camp.
7. Walk/Jog/Run the more than six miles of trails on the Cofrin Arboretum, located on the UW-Green Bay Campus
8. Make a splash at Ashwaubomay Lake
9. Cool off with some fresh frozen treats at Smart Cow or Zesty’s
10. Play a round of golf at UW-Green Bay’s Shorewood Golf Course.
11. Travel back in time and spend the day at Heritage Hill.
12. Get your need for speed on at Kastle Park Go Karts!
13. Fall in love with Wequiok Falls, located 5 Minutes from UW-Green Bay.
14. Make your way down the Fox River Trail
15. Wake up early on a Saturday to experience the Farmers Market on South Washington Street or cruise in Wednesday afternoon and experience the Farmers Market on Broadway Street.
16. Watch the sunset at Communiversity Park.
17. Bump, Set, and Spike during a game of sand volleyball! The UW-Green Bay campus has three courts!
18. Take in some beauty at Green Bay Botanical Garden.
19. Get your funnel cake fix at the Brown County Fair!
20. Get up close and personal with Hodari at the NEW Zoo.
21. Ride the Zippin Pippin with your bae at Bay Beach.
22. Get in a game of frisbee golf with your friends on the UW-Green Bay campus.
23. Explore history at the Neville Public Museum.
24. Grab your tackle box and head down to the Fox River for some summer fishing fun!
25. Check out the local music scene with Summer concerts at the Meyer Theatre, Resch Center, and more!
26. Got Packers fever? Green Bay has your cure with the Packers Heritage Trail!
27. Indulge in Green Bay’s resturant scene during Restaurant Week!
28. Picture yourself at Artstreet
29. No time in Green Bay is complete without a tour of Lambeau Field!
30. Take a summer class and keep yourself on track for graduation.
For more information on Summer Classes at UW-Green Bay click here: http://www.uwgb.edu/summercourses/