Ten Ways to be Sustainable at #EcoU
Compiled by Rory Mileham, UWGB Social Media Assistant/Intern
- Carry around a reuseable water bottle! Using your own bottle instead of buying bottles is environmentally friendly, plus you can save a ton of 💵 💲💵 💲💵.
2. Take the bus 🚍! It’s FREE, and stops at all the major places in town! Just don’t forget your student ID.
3. Recycle ♻️! On campus you can recycle plastic bottles, paper, ink, and plastic bags! When you don’t recycle your plastic water bottle it takes 450 years to decompose.
4. Take the stairs! While the elevator is convenient to go up a floor or two, the stairs are the Eco-U way to go, plus it’s also healthy! 💪 #EcoU
5. Unplug your electronics 📱! While charging up your devices is important, leaving them plugged in when not in use is a big waste of electricity!
6. Donate your unwanted clothing and school supplies👗📚! Donate to your local thrift store, or do a clothes swap with your BFF 👯.
7. Make the most of the warmer weather 🌞! Do things outside to conserve electricity! (We even made a Springtime Spotify playlist for you! spoti.fi/1FLORKb)
8. Cut your shower 🚿 by two minutes! Cutting two minutes from your shower can save gallons of water from being wasted!
9. Eat Local 🍝! Instead of going to your favorite chain restaurant, check out the local eats! By eating at locally sourced resturants, you are cutting down on the miles food has to be transported, which saves a lot of gas!
10. Turn off the A/C when you’re not home 🌀. Small Apartments take a small amount of time to cool down. Closing the curtains or blind is a great way to keep the room cool when you’re away.