20 events to welcome the Class of 2020
Want to celebrate the start of the new school year? Look no further than these Fall Welcome 2016 events! For a full list of events and more details, click here.
1.Move-in begins Aug. 30!
2. Take a break from unpacking on Sept. 1 and catch a ride to Bradford Beach to get active or just relax on the shore of Lake Michigan.
3. Get your workout on with Beach Boot Camp on Sept. 1. Skills, drills and obstacle courses for all abilities are available.
4.Enjoy P.A.W. (Panther Academic Welcome) on Sept. 2, with a Mission Possible campus activity and discuss the common read, “Fear of a Black President.”
5. Start your time at UWM with the official 2020 class picture and dinner at the University Welcome on Sept. 2.
6. Show off your moves at the first late-night dance party, the Panther Dance, on Sept. 2.
7. Relax on Lake Michigan and the Milwaukee River while taking in the wonderful views of downtown.
8. Don’t miss out on free T-shirts, pizza and a night filled with games and activities at the UREC Fest on Sept. 4.
9. Check out the sights, sounds and stories of Milwaukee on the Cream City Trolley Tours.
10. Get all-access to Target after hours to pick up the last essential items you overlooked during move-in.
11. Watch the Brewers play the Cubs for free! UWM day at Miller Park on Sept. 5.
12.Start the year off right with a successful first day of school on Sept. 6.
13.Join Sociocultural Programming for events and activities that bring people together to discuss current social issues. The Sociocultural Spectacular is Sept. 6.
14. Cheer on the men’s soccer team and participate in the pre-game tailgate on Sept. 6.
15. Learn about the 25 competitive sports clubs at UWM. The sports clubs fair is Sept. 7.
16. Bike to Lakeshore State Park and enjoy an outdoor meal with your fellow panthers at Pedal and A Picnic on Sept. 8.
17. Don’t miss the campus-wide celebration of the completion of the first week of classes and enjoy music, food, games and more at the Panther Street Festival on Sept. 9.
18. Take advantage of the free concert exclusive to UWM students. Pantherfest is Sept. 9 at the Marcus Amphitheater on the Summerfest grounds. This year’s acts are Jason Derulo and Bishop Briggs.
19.Get free admission and transportation to the Milwaukee County Zoo on Sept. 10.
20.Catch some air at Helium in New Berlin for a fun-filled late-night trampoline park visit.