Cauliflower peas Pulao
Aromatic Basmati rice sauted with cauliflower, peas and Spices….
It’s always so difficult to decide what to cook for dinner… It’s always a challenge as you are so tired by the end of the day that you just want something that’s easy and quick to make and tastes delicious…
Well as you all know I love to make dishes which are ready in minutes and which ring that bell for yummy food and it’s super easy to make… This dish definitely ticked all the boxes.
Instead of basmati rice you also can use brown rice to click in the healthy box too…You can also add some moong sprouts increasing the protein and fiber content of the dish.
Speaking of nutrition,this Pulao is loaded with lycopene, thiamine, niacin, Vitamin C and not to forget fiber….
You can enjoy the Pulao with some vegetable Raita or some dahi kadhi(curd with chick pea flour) or just have it plain.
Cauliflower Peas Pulao
Prep time 15 mins
Cooking time 20 minutes
Yields 3–4 servings
2.5 cups cooked basmati rice
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
1.5 cups small cauliflower florets
1/2 cup green peas
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 large tomatoes, pureed
1 teaspoon pav bhaji masala
3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon grated garlic
1 green chili, chopped
salt, to taste
1 bay leaf
2 black cardamom
1 cinnamon stick
Cilantro 2 tbsp chopped
Juice of half lemon
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the tiny cauliflower florets to it. Cook for around 5 minutes or till the florets get lightly browned. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- In another pan (preferably heavy bottom) add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Once the oil is hot add all the spices listed under “whole spices” — cinnamon stick, bay leaf, black cardamom, cloves and peppercorns. Saute for 30 seconds or till fragrant. Add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Then add grated garlic, ginger and green chili. Saute for 30–40 seconds or till they start turning light golden in brown in color.
- Add chopped onions and cook for another 2 minutes or till they start turning brown.
- At this point add the tomato puree and mix. Cook the puree for 2–3 minutes.
- Add pav bhaji masala, salt and cook for 2–3 minutes till the onion tomato masala dries out and oil starts oozing from the side.
- Add sauteed cauliflower and peas. Mix and cook for a minute.
- Add cooked rice and mix gently. Lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Cover the pan, switch off the heat and let the lid remain on the pan for 5 more minutes.
- Remove lid and add cilantro.
- Squeeze in fresh lemon juice and serve the pulao immediately with some Raita on the side!
- Enjoy 😊
Nutrient value per serving
Calories 224 kcal
Carbs 40 gms
Proteins 6.9 gms
Fat 7.7 gms
Weight watchers points 7
For more recipes like these follow me on Pinterest and check out my profile Doshi1698 or my Passion cooking page on Facebook.