Gluten free, low cal Veg Hakka Noodles
Indo Chinese is a whole new cuisine in India. Indian Chinese was born when Chinese migrants (mostly from the Hakka region)settled in Kolkata, developed a cuisine to suit the local taste…Simply put together, Indo Chinese is the Indian adaptation of Chinese cooking techniques and seasonings with a unique tadka😉….
Chinese food is the most popular cuisine in India followed by other International cuisines. This is why majority of the Indian restaurants dedicate a section to Indo Chinese food… well not to forget the Chinese food carts in every nook and corner of India…
Being on a diet has made me experiment many of my favorite dishes in a healthier version and veg Hakka noodles was always on my list. I wanted to enjoy these noodles without any guilt of those extra calories,And so this is how my version of gluten free veg Hakka noodles was born…
Shiritaki, a traditional Japanese food, is an ultimate gluten free,low calorie, high in fiber and omega 3 noodle substitute. The best part I loved about these miracle noodles is that they are tasteless so these blend with any flavor that you want… isn’t it awesome.😊
Well as I am not a big fan of eggs in Chinese cuisine and hence I did not add eggs in my noodles, but if you love eggs, can definitely add them as it will increase the protein content of the meal.
I hope you guys enjoy my version of veg Hakka noodles. Would love to know from you all how did it turn out…
Veg Hakka Noodles
Prep time 20 mins
Cooking time 25 mins
Tofu shiritaki spaghetti noodles 1 pack
Red onion 1/2 sliced
Red, yellow and green bell peppers sliced 1/2 cup
Carrots sliced thinly 1/2 cup
Bean sprouts 1/4 cup
Minced Garlic 1 tbsp
Minced Ginger 1/2 tbsp
Soya sauce 2 tsp
White vinegar 1 tsp
Oil 1 tsp
Salt and pepper to taste
Spring onion greens 1 tbsp chopped finely
- Slice the onions, peppers, carrots finely.
- Drain the noodles and rinse thoroughly with water.
- Heat oil in a wok, and add the sliced onions, minced garlic, ginger and sauté for a minute in a high flame
- Then add the bell peppers, carrots, bean sprouts and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or till the vegetable are cooked. The flame should be high.
- Add the soya sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Lastly add the noodles and cook for a minute or two.
- Switch off the flame and Serve in a bowl when hot and garnish with spring onion greens.
Nutrient value per serving
Carbs 21.7 gms
Protein 1.9 gms
Fat 4.9 gms
Weight watchers points 4
For more recipes like these follow me on Pinterest and check out my profile Doshi1698 or check out my passion cooking page on Facebook.