Gluten free, vegan, clean eating Salad: Asian cucumber sesame salad
Salads are fun to eat as its fresh with full of vibrant colors and crunchy. I love eating salads since childhood…..I remember my mom used to always make salads as a side dish and I used to enjoy it like it was an entrée. I can eat salads with pulses, rice and rotis(flat bread)…. I know am crazy😬😄….lol
I remember she used to make different kinds of salads with new dressings and varied combinations of vegetables and fruits.Everyone in my family enjoyed eating salads thoroughly…
My journey for weight loss has led me to try out many new healthy salad recipes and am totally enjoying it… Its fun to indulge in something that is tasty and healthy..
The best part I loved about this salad is the freshness of vegetables,crunchiness of peanuts and sesame and mild sweetness of the maple syrup, all in one bowl…. Well not to forget the nutrient overdose of vitamins and minerals in this bowl.
I used the julienne peeler for chopping the vegetable, as I donot have a spiralizer at home… but if you guys have a spiralizer am sure the look of the salad will be super awesome.
This salad is a combination of salty and tangy flavors with an Asian twist.I hope you guys enjoy this gluten free, vegan, dairy free and clean eating salad with full of nutrients and fiber!!
Asian Cucumber Sesame salad
Prep time 10 mins
Cooking time. 20 mins
Yields 4 servings
Ingredients for the salad
2 seedless cucumber
2 large carrots
1/2 red and yellow pepper each
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tbsp white or black sesame seeds
1/2 cup roasted peanuts(optional)
1 green onion slices
2 tbsp cilantro chopped
Ingredients for the dressing
2 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar/rice vinegar
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tbsp gluten free soy sauce/ tamari sauce for Paleo's
1 tbsp of maple syrup(can substitute with honey or sugar)
1 tsp of grated ginger
1 tbsp sesame oil
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the end of the cucumber and use the julienne peeler or spiralizer to slice the cucumber. Place the sliced cucumber in a colander and toss them with 1 tsp of salt. Let the cucumbers sit in the colander for 15 minutes.
- While the cucumber is draining, chop the carrots and the sweet pepper.
- Once the cucumber has drained for at least 15 minutes spread them on a paper towel and pat them dry.
- Place the cucumber, carrots, pepper in a large mixing bowl large enough to hold the salad
- Mix all the ingredients of the dressing together and add 2 to 3 tbsp of the dressing on the salad.
- Top with sliced green onions, sesame seeds, peanuts and cilantro and serve it immediately.
Nutrient value per serving
Carbs 18.5 gms
Proteins 3.2 gms
Fat 9.2 gms
Weight watchers points 6
For more recipes like these follow me on Pinterest and check out my profile Doshi1698 or on Facebook and check out my passion cooking page.