Healthy Burger Week Recipe no 2: Beetroot and Quinoa Burger
Well it’s the second day of the healthy burger week and today’s healthy burger recipe is beetroot and Quinoa burger…Hey wait a minute did I just write beetroot and Quinoa…. I am sure you guys must have felt what a weird combination is it and how will it taste. Even I thought the same thing when I saw the recipe of this burger…..But quinoa is such an awesome food it just blends with anything and everything and makes the food taste super tasty and not to forget the nutrition part of Quinoa tooo,It’s high in fiber, proteins, and really easy to prepare.
Well not to forget that beets are also high in immune boosting Vitamin C and other essential vitamins and mineral like folate,potassium and manganese.
This burger has everything texture, color, succulence, delicious dressing and tons of healthy stuff…These are pretty hearty so you will be full with just eating one.
Beetroot and Quinoa Burger
Prep time 10 mins
Cooking time 30 mins
1/2 cup Quinoa
1 cup water
3 oz feta cheese crumbled
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
3 oz fresh beet grated
2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped( optional)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp olive oil + 2 tbsp olive oil for frying.
Ground pepper to taste
Ezekiel sprouted grain English Muffin 3 halves
Lettuce leaves 3
Cucumber slices few
Tomato slices few
Kraft slim cut Swiss cheese 3 slices
Tzatziki 3 tbsp
- Place the Quinoa In a fine mesh strainer and rinse well under cold water.
- Soak before use for 10 minutes
- Drain well and place in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for approximately 15 to 20 mins or until all the water has been absorbed.
- Use a fork to fluff up the Quinoa
- In a medium bowl add the Quinoa,beet, feta cheese,onion,garlic,parsley,oats,salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the mixture in to six balls flatten the balls and handle them delicately.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the patty and cook for 5 minutes or till it turns golden and then turn. On the cooked side place half of the slim cut cheese slice and let it get cooked on the other side.
- Toast the Ezekiel sprouted grain buns or any other hamburger bun on both the sides
- On the base place a lettuce leaf, then a few slices of cucumber, tomatoes and a slice of red onion, top it up with the beetroot and Quinoa patty. Add a tbsp of tzatziki, a slice of slim cut cheese and top it up with the top of the bun.
Nutrient serving per burger
Carbs 35.9 gms
Protein 16.6 gms
Fat 13.8 gms
Weight watchers points: 12