Healthy Chocolate Date Truffles
Soft, goey chocolate and date energy truffles.
I just can’t stop eating these truffles…. These are yumm😊. My sweet tooth cravings has definitely made me make some awesome healthy date recipes and this is definitely the best from them. I just couldn’t believe that these truffles are sugar free, gluten free, and dairy free… and not to forget they are super delicious too. I must have gobbled so many while making it… 😂.
I used a lot of different coatings the one which were handy for me at home but you can use end number of coatings and make these truffles with a lot of different flavor and colors. You can use raw cocoa powder, freeze dried raspberries powder,desiccated coconut, caramelized nuts, matcha powder, etc … use your imagination out here….
The best part is that its so easy to make, just mix everything together in the mixer and then coat them in your favorite coatings and tadaaa its ready….
You can store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator for almost a month…
Well speaking about the nutrition, apart from being sugar free, gluten free and vegan these truffles are also a good source of healthy fats, folic acid, iron, calcium, vitamins and minerals from dates and mixed nuts and antioxidants from dark chocolate.
Well this time during Diwali and Christmas I know I can enjoy these truffles without any guilt…. 😂.
So what are your plans for the coming festive season this year?? Well I definitely have plans to make a big batch of these truffles this Christmas…Do let me know your plans in the comments section below….
Chocolate Date Truffles
Prep time 10 mins
Cooking time 30 mins
Yields 30 Truffles
Ingredients for the Energy balls
2 cups (350 gms)soft pitted dates
1/4 cup (50 gms)dark chocolate
1/2 cup (50 gms)mix nuts
Juice and zest of one orange
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
Ingredients for the coatings
Roasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit / 175 degrees centigrade.
- Place nuts in a baking sheet and roast for 10 mins until golden.
- Then place the nuts in a blender or mini chopper and mix until chopped.
- Mix pitted dates and orange juice in a blender and blend till it becomes like a smooth cream. Add all the other ingredients except the dark chocolate and mix well.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler and then add it to the mixture and mix it thoroughly.
- Place the date mix in the fridge for a couple of hours Or until the next day.
- Take a tsp of the filling in your palms and roll them in a perfect round size Truffles and coat them in your favorite toppings.
- They keep best in the fridge, so make sure to store them in a refrigerator until you need them.
Nutrient value per Truffle
Carbs 10.9 gms
Protein 0.3 gms
Fats 1.3 gms
Weight watchers points 2
For more recipes like these do follow me on Pinterest and check out my profile Doshi1698 or my passion cooking page on Facebook.