Healthy,Gluten free, low calorie sweet surprise: Fudgy Avocado Brownies
These are super Goeyyy, Fudgyyyy and Yummm!!!! I just can’t believe I made these flourless and low fat brownies…. they turned out awesome😊
Well I had always pictured brownies with loads of butter, cake flour and lots and lots of chocolate…. Didn’t know brownies can taste awesome with avocados in it too … lol. Well who wouldn’t want to enjoy eating brownies without feeling guilty of indulging in it.I am sure that no one will ever come to know that it has avocados until you tell them. You definitely cannot stop after eating one.
Apart from avocados this brownie is without any butter or oil, I guess avocados play the perfect role of butter in this healthy treat.
My husband who is not a big fan of any health foods, did not even come to know that these brownies are made from avocados…. He enjoyed them thoroughly with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and some chocolate sauce. He went on praising them and as usual I smirked as I made him eat something healthy….Yay😉!!
The recipe is super simple and is ready in an hours time. These brownies will last in the fridge for a few days( and are even better after they have been left in the fridge for a day or two) or will keep in the freezer for months.
Fudgy Avocado brownies
Prep time 25 mins
Baking time 25 mins
Yields 12 pieces
1 large ripe avocado (around 200 gms of avocado/ 1 cup mashed)
2 tsp of vanilla essence
1 tbsp water
3.5 ounces of dark chocolate
1 cup +1 tbsp (85 gms) of cocoa powder
1/4 cup of baking stevia or 1/4 to 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 tsp of baking soda
Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 degree centigrade/355 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and / or line an 8 inch square cake pan or brownie pan.
- In a food processor purée the Avocado, eggs, vanilla essence and water until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or on a double boiler and mix it with the avocado mixture in the food processor.
- Add in cocoa powder, sugar or stevia, salt and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- If the mixture is too thick add another 1 tbsp or so of water to combine.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing out the top and making sure spread the mixture to the edges.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool them for a 10 minutes before slicing the pieces. Serve the chilled.
Nutrient value per brownie
Carbs 17.5 gms
Protein 1.5 gms
Fat 4.8 gms
Weight watchers points 5
For more recipes like these follow me on Pinterest and check out my profile Doshi1698 or on Facebook and check out my passion cooking page.