Millet Roti (flatbread)
Gluten free, Vegan
Gluten free, vegan flat bread.
I am so sorry for not posting any new recipes lately… so so engrossed in searching for a job( sometimes I feel I should just skip this job search and just keep cooking…..😉)
Anyways after many days and long break I am back to trying out new recipes and of course putting it up on the blog…
Well this one is actually one of my moms recipe. She keeps making these flat bread and trust me these are really yumm and nutritious. These rotis are made of two different millets Bajra and Jowar ( you can gets these millet flours easily from any Indian store) which are full of fibre and nutrients The amino acid content in bajra and jowar is readily available and easily digestible compared to wheat. These rotis are full of proteins,fiber,iron, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium perfect when you are on a gluten free diet or may be you just want to knock of those extra pounds.
I love to eat these with some yoghurt and pickle but you can also enjoy them with some curry or vegetable.
Millet roti/ Bajra and Jowar roti ( flatbread)
Prep time 5 mins
Cooking time 20 mins
Yields 4 rotis
Bajra flour 1/2 cup
Jowar flour 1/2 cup
Methi leaves chopped 2 tbsp
Garlic cloves 3 crushed
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp jeera powder
Oil for cooking
Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a bowl and knead in to a soft dough, using warm water as required. ( be careful while adding water as you do not want the dough to be really soft or else it will be difficult to roll the roti)
- Divide the dough in to 4 equal portions.
- Pat each portion on a floured surface using your palms till it is circle of 5" diameter.
- Cook on a tava with some oil till both sides are lightly browned. Repeat the process for the remaining rotis.
- Enjoy the hot with some curd or vegetable.
- You can also roll the rotis in between 2 plastic sheets.
Nutrient value per serving
Calories 124 kcal
Carbs 18 gms
Proteins 2.8 gms
Fats 4.6 gms
Weight watchers points 4
For more recipes like these follow me on Pinterest and check out my profile Doshi1698 or my Passion cooking page on Facebook.