Yummy soft pancakes made with Potatoes.
In India these are called potato roti or may be parathas… You can enjoy these pancakes or roti with some mint chutney and curd and am sure it will be an awesome wholesome breakfast…
The best part of these pancakes is that you can prepare them in advance may be a night before… perfect breakfast for a busy working day, isn’t it ?
Addition of boiled potatoes make these pancakes so soft that they literally melt in your mouth.
Nutritionally these pancakes are rich in folate, fiber, Vitamin B1 and E to name a few. Also potatoes are a good source of starch which would be beneficial to treat morning sickness for pregnant women.
I am sure you guys will enjoy this wholesome treat..
Prep time 15 mins
Cooking time 15 mins
Yields 6 pancakes
1 cup boiled, peeled and grated potatoes
1/2 cup whole wheat flour 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
2 tbsp melted ghee
Salt to taste
Whole wheat flour for rolling
Oil for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft smooth dough, without using any water. Cover and keep aside for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle with the help of a little flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each pancake,using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve immediately with curds or mint chutney.
Nutrient value per serving
Carbs- 13.7 gms
Proteins- 3 gms
Fat- 8.6 gms
Weight watchers points 6
For more recipes like these follow me on Pinterest and check out my profile Doshi1698 or my Passion cooking page on Facebook.