Sinful delight: White Chocolate Panna Cotta with Pistachio Tuile and Pistachio Ice cream
White chocolate Panna Cotta with Pistachio Tuile and pistachio ice cream is a luscious Italian Dessert topped with roasted pistachio crumb.
My apologies for not posting my 5th recipe for the healthy Burger week, but going a little off track and posting this sinful dessert…. My best friend Jayanti visited us yesterday and like me she is a big foodie too,well am sure you guys must have got the reason for me to make this dessert😉….
Panna Cotta is a traditional Italian dessert,originated in Northern Italy, mostly in Piedmont Region.Its an eggless custard with a combination of milk, cream, simple flavoring and a thickening agent I.e gelatin.
Panna Cotta can be made with end number of flavors but the most traditional one is Vanilla Panna Cotta. It’s the most easy and Ready in minutes dessert as it does not require any exotic ingredients, or lots of tedious hours to prepare this luscious treat.
Jayanti loves eating Panna cotta and I just needed a reason to go off my diet routine and satisfy my sweet cravings…. Well we have always been the partners in crime… lol.
The pistachio Tuile gives the crunchiness and the ice cream provides the balance of the thickness and creaminess to the dessert. You can use any flavor of the ice cream with the Panna cotta, but as I already had the pistachio ice cream at home so thought of using that as a creamy counterpart.
Tuiles can be a little difficult to make at the start but once you get knack of it, it’s really simple and quick to prepare. You need to be really careful while giving the shape to this super thin cookie as it has to be done when it’s hot or else they become crispy when they get cold and it will be difficult for you to mould in whichever shape you want. Once it gets cold and crisp,add it in the hot oven for few seconds to soften it a bit and then you can mould it again, I used the rolling pin to give this shape.
My husband wanted some chocolate sauce on top so drizzled some for him and it tasted super awesome with it too..
Whichever way you choose to serve the Panna cotta it’s going to make people happy. This creamy, soft,wobbly dessert is a super hit in all the parties and am sure it will be the best dessert in your list!!!!
White Chocolate Panna Cotta with Pistachio Tuile and Pistachio Ice Cream
Prep time 20 mins
Cooking time 45 mins
Serves 4 to 6
Ingredients for white chocolate Panna cotta
1 packet unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 cups cold milk divided
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
1/4 cup sugar
Ingredients for pistachio Tuile
4 tbsp of unsalted butter
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
2 large eggwhites
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of cake flour sifted 3 times
A pinch of salt
1/3 cup of roasted and chopped pistachio
Pistachio ice cream
1/2 cup pistachio roasted and powdered
For Panna cotta
- Sprinkle gelatin in 1/4 cup of milk in a bowl, stir until moistened. Let stand for 5 minutes( mixture will be lumpy).
- Cook whipping cream, chocolate morsels, and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat, stirring occasionally until the chocolate is melted and the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin mixture, stirring until the mixture is dissolved.
- Stir in remaining 1 1/4 cup of milk.
- Strain the mixture and then pour it evenly in to ramekins or any moulds of your choice.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and chill for 24 hours.
For pistachio Tuile
- Adjust the oven rack to the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line 2 baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the butter in a bowl of a stand mixture and beat till creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and slowly add the powdered sugar, beating on low until just incorporated.Then increase the speed to high and beat another 5 mins until creamy and light. Scrape down the sides of the bowl once more
- Add the eggwhites one at a time on low speed mixing until fully incorporated before adding the next scraping down the sides after each addition.
- Min in the Vanilla essence.
- With the mixer being on low speed add the flour and salt,scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Place the batter in tablespoonfuls on the baking sheet at least 3 inch apart.
- Using a spatula stir the batter in circular motion until paper thin. Sprinkle the chopped pistachios.
- Bake for 5mins or until Golden brown.
- Immediately drape the tuiles on a rolling pin or a glass turned sideways. Work quickly as the tuiles turn hard really fast. To soften them a bit, put them in the hot oven for a few seconds until just softened and start the rolling again. Store in an airtight container for up to 24 hours.
- Before serving demobilized the white chocolate Panna cotta from the moulds, sprinkle the roasted pistachio crumb on top.
- Serve with a dollop of pistachio ice cream and the pistachio Tuile
Nutrient value per serving
Carbs 43 gms
Proteins 10 gms
Fat 31 gms