Quick tips and tricks about customer service in e-commerce business
These 10 things are essential to e-commerce customer service:
- Create a FAQ section (it will not only help your visitors answer some questions fast, but will also serve as a SEO tool with the opportunity to target long-tail keywords)
- Add live chat support (should be operational during customers active hours)
- Choose helpdesk solution to grab messages from all sources (omnichannel support)
- Set up confirmation and update emails
- Be ready to provide 24/7 support if your clientele is worldwide
- Create an online knowledge base (to cover up all knows questions)
- Create indicative guides and film useful videos (if your product involves some learning curve)
- Use social networks to communicate with customers
- Write clear and short warranty policy and return policy
- Measure customers satisfaction
Tip: prepare your team for seasonal peaks. Your support heroes should work additional hours before and during busy holidays if the necessity arises.
- Create highly specific and targeted chat messages to visitors at your web-site
You can talk to people browsing your web-site, modern chat tools allow such customization. Think about their needs, what they look for, why they open a particular page — and offer assistance first.
- Listen to social media
Use social monitoring tools to know where they talk about you. Gather opinions, engage in discussion, show that you care.
- Think of incentives
Your support team can have an insight of what could serve as a catching incentive for new and existing customers.
- Add a little extra
Same as with incentives, you can add a tiny extra with every purchase to make it unique. Surprise your customers by gifting something minor yet touching. Your support heroes are a good source of ideas.
- Gather feedback
Post-sales is a perfect time to catch a minute of your buyer’s attention and grab a few words of feedback.
- Provide free shipping
Free shipping option is always beneficial in the eyes of customers. It may even be the deciding point.
- Invest time and money into web-site search
This feature must be thoroughly tested to return good results and keep your customers engaged.
- Collect WOW stories
When your customers are wow’ed by your service, they can turn it viral. Or you can turn it viral — just collect your wow stories and share them.
Originally published at dreamsupport.io