7 Things Steve Jobs Said That You Should Say Every Single Day
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
At first,let’s take a look at the definition of the word innovation.
“ The process of translating an idea or invention into a good or service that creates value or for which customers will pay. ”
Many peoples have good ideas but it only become a big deal when you talk about how to make it’s replicable at an economical cost and also satisfy a specific need.
That doesn’t mean innovation has to be something big, cool or booming. Velcro was invented in 1941 by George de Mestral. After being fed up with removing cocklebur seeds from his dog and jacket, he put one under a microscope to discover the secret of its stickiness. He found velours ( French for loops, in clothing) & crochet (hooks) on the burs. Taking the first syllable of the words, he replicated the fastening phenomenon synthetically to create Velcro.
Another side of their character is they’re more judicious and resolute in the thing they choose to create and the way they follow. Which the combination of these is the first key to innovation.
2. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”
You remember the rule now, but how do you remind yourself to be persevering and mindful even in the darkest time. Remember the last time you gave up on something important to you. All your firm believes that you had and your iron will didn’t appeared to be as strong and intense compared to when you were drawing the initial plan in your head.
To redefine, perseverance is persistence and tenacity, the effort required to do your work and keep doing it till the end, even if it’s hard (and you all know it’s not going to be easy). Because of this, preparation is never too much. You should start developing your techniques which move yourself up and get you back on the track.
Sometimes, you can be confused between not giving up on an goal and not giving up in the technique we’re using to achieve that idea. You can’t do the same things and expect different results. If something is not working properly, give a try for a better solution.
3. “My model for business is The Beatles. They were four guys who kept each other’s kind of negative tendencies in check. They balanced each other, and the total was greater than the sum of the parts. That’s how I see business: Great things in business are never done by one person, they’re done by a team of people.”
We’re living in a world that every one has an impact to one’s surrounding, from small to great, from faint to strong. Everything is done by teamwork, from the house we’re living in, the food we put in our mouth. It needed a countless number of people to create things which we have ever touched, used, and owned. Undoubtedly, it’s an necessary thing to do that you should find your crew to built dream with you.
4. “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.”
Since you’re born, your time began counting down. Time must be called the most powerful unit. We use time to gain knowledge, to build things, to do the stuffs we like and stay with people we love. That’s the magic of time and we already have the magic, the question remain is how well will you cast your spell?
5. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”
Every time you make a mistake, just remind yourself that anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
6. “I didn’t return to Apple to make a fortune. I’ve been very lucky in my life and already have one. When I was 25, my net worth was $100 million or so. I decided then that I wasn’t going to let it ruin my life. There’s no way you could ever spend it all, and I don’t view wealth as something that validates my intelligence.”
This is the true of life, success is worrying about every damn thing in the world, except money. There no innovation in money therefore chasing it will lead one to nowhere.
If you want to hear a little more about money from the rich ones, here you go:
“Rule number 1: Never lose money. Rule number 2: Never forget rule number 1.” — Warren Buffett
“I can understand wanting to have millions of dollars, there’s a certain freedom, meaningful freedom, that comes with that. But once you get much beyond that, I have to tell you, it’s the same hamburger.” — Bill Gates
“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” — Thomas Edison
“Beware of small expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship.” — Benjamin Franklin
“I truly believe that women should be financially independent from their men. And let’s face it, money gives men the power to run the show. It gives men the power to define value. They define what’s sexy. And men define what’s feminine. It’s ridiculous.” — Beyoncé
7. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”
Below is the famous mantra from our true motivational icon.
From All Things Digital Conference in 2007- D5, he explained this idea very carefully:
“You have to have a lot of passion for what you are doing. It’s totally true. The reason is because it so hard that if you don’t passionate, any rational person would give up. It’s really hard. And you have to do it over a sustain period of time. So if you don’t love it, you don’t have fun doing it, you don’t really love it, you’re going to give up. And that’s what happens to the most people, actually.
If you look at the ones that ended up being successful in the eyes of society, often times it’s the ones who love what they do, so they could persevere when it got really tough.
And the ones that didn’t love it, quit. Because they’re sane, right?
Who would put up with this stuff if you don’t love it?
So its a lot of hard work and its a lot of worrying constantly.
If you don’t love it, you’re going to fail.”
Nobody don’t want to fail and more terribly is to fail on the wrong road. It’s not matter whether you’re a leader or a follower. Every one is a unique everyone is a universe of possibilities so it’s such a waste not to exploit one’s ability to their full potential.
One happiness of being human is doing your best to live for the thing you love.