Tips for Elevator Pitch !
You get 90–120 seconds for an Elevator Pitch. So first few seconds are so important to create impact.
General pitch formula goes like,
“We solve [problem] by providing[advantage], to help [target] accomplish[target’s goal]”
Then comes the business model,
“We make money by charging [customers] to get [benefit]” —
Another sample pitch to understand how this format can be used. For Yammer, the pitch might be, “We make companies more efficient by providing a live feed of comments and questions, so employees can find answers more quickly. We make money by charging companies that want administrative control on their employee networks”.
More tips to prepare effective elevator pitch for your startup,
- In an elevator or conference environment, you only have a moment to deliver your pitch.
- Best to craft a clear statement that can lead to a question by the receiver. And for that question, you should have plenty of material lined up to demonstrate value
- Keep introduction is clear and straight.
- Why you’re different and therefore better than similar products
- Why your market is worth pursuing?
- How much traction you have?
- Why this is difficult for others but easy for your team?