The Ten Commandments of Networking a Mixer
1. Have your networking tools with you at all times.
2. Set a goal for the number of people you’ll meet.
3. Act like a host, not a guest.
4. Listen, and ask the five “W” questions: who, what, where, when, and why.
5. Give a lead or referral whenever possible.
6. Describe your product or service in sixty seconds.
7. Exchange business cards with the people you meet.
8. Spend ten minutes or less with each person you meet.
9. Write comments on the backs of the business cards you collect.
10. Follow up with the people you meet.